• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Wakefield Kirkgate - lost opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Oct 2010
Messages
32,939
Location
Fenny Stratford
As I understand it, the Huddersfield - Wakefield stopper is due to be extended to Castleford. I could see the service being a lot more useful if it were to be extended to York.

that is a different service to an express TPE service as suggested above
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorksrob

Veteran Member
Joined
6 Aug 2009
Messages
44,384
Location
Yorks
XC offer Wakefield to York every hour. Or it's pretty easy to change at Leeds.

I always manage to forget about that (even though I catch it every month from Wakie to York !)

I guess it would be nice to have a direct train from Normanton and Castleford to York anyway.
 

anti-pacer

Established Member
Joined
5 Jun 2013
Messages
2,312
Location
Liverpool
When in the cafe recently, I thought I saw the suggestion of a first class lounge at the far end of the cafe through some doors - I may have been misled though?

To confirm, Wakefield Kirkgate DOES indeed feature a First Class Lounge for GC passengers. I saw it yesterday.
 

Mugby

Established Member
Joined
25 Nov 2012
Messages
2,134
Location
Derby
To confirm, Wakefield Kirkgate DOES indeed feature a First Class Lounge for GC passengers. I saw it yesterday.

No doubt the only place for it but it's not exactly in a convenient spot for London bound passengers is it!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top