• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Waiting on progress of application for Signaller...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkchocolate

New Member
Joined
14 Feb 2011
Messages
3
Hie All!

I applied for a vacancy on network rail for signaller in London. I was selected to do the communications test and I passed it. I am now in limbo cos apparently HR is waiting to hear from the Operations Director about interviews, a month as nearly passed since i took the phone test....

I wanted to know if anyone else is waiting to hear back from HR about Signaller assessments from HR within London... I am also new to the Industry.....
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Smoggy

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2009
Messages
85
I am waiting to hear back about the vacancy for ELL Signalling Centre, is this the one you've applied for? I passed the SCC test in January and still not heard anything back. However I passed the signallers assessments last year.
 
Joined
11 Nov 2007
Messages
337
Location
portsmouth
YOu do sometimes need to ring or email careers to chase them up. I applied for a position once at pulborough and this was about 2 years a go and I kept chasing it up and to this day I still haven't heard back :)
 

pinkchocolate

New Member
Joined
14 Feb 2011
Messages
3
I am waiting to hear back about the vacancy for ELL Signalling Centre, is this the one you've applied for? I passed the SCC test in January and still not heard anything back. However I passed the signallers assessments last year.

Yes Smoggy, thats the one I am waiting for as well... Have you got in touch with them?
 

185

On Moderation
Joined
29 Aug 2010
Messages
5,709
I may be wrong but I think much of their recruitment is handled centrally from Manchester... when they called me it was a number with 0161 273 ++++ which is The Square One complex near Piccadilly.
 

Smoggy

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2009
Messages
85
I may be wrong but I think much of their recruitment is handled centrally from Manchester... when they called me it was a number with 0161 273 ++++ which is The Square One complex near Piccadilly.

I've found that its normally Manchester that deals with Signalling vacancies, but for this vacancy the emails came from the Mailbox at Birmingham.
Has anyone 'external' actually got into a Signallers position recently? Seems despite getting to interviews, the position always gets filled internally.
 

pinkchocolate

New Member
Joined
14 Feb 2011
Messages
3
I've found that its normally Manchester that deals with Signalling vacancies, but for this vacancy the emails came from the Mailbox at Birmingham.
Has anyone 'external' actually got into a Signallers position recently? Seems despite getting to interviews, the position always gets filled internally.

So you think the vacancy has gone :(
 

daza7789

Member
Joined
4 Feb 2010
Messages
22
Hi guys

I see you are both waiting to hear back from the new cross vacancies.

I know there were 2 vacancies. I was advised to go for one by my line manager myself, however decided no to as it was not in the right area for me, and had other options in the pipeline.

I am already a signaller for NR, from the north london line, and can say that these jobs were advertiesed internally too, though I am unsure of the amount of aplicants.

NR Signaller recruitment is never the fastest of prosseses (I waited 6 months from application to interveiw, then another 3 months from interview to start date).

New cross is a grade 6 possition, and from what I hear there training program is very tough. internal applicants have been known to be offered the job, then fail to pass out the box itself.

By all means keep chasing HR, they are not always the fastest. and I wish you both the very best of luck.

Daz
 

185

On Moderation
Joined
29 Aug 2010
Messages
5,709
I''ve applied another operational job recently.

The only interviews NR ever gave me in the past were for major stations group jobs (twice), however both times they suggested applying for operational jobs instead.

I'll just run round in a circle chasing my tail shall I!?!?!
 

Smoggy

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2009
Messages
85
Thanks for the reply Daz. The last time I got shortlisted for interview, there was only 2 of us out of 20 who were external. But it was only about 4 weeks gap from submitting application to attending interview.

I see Grade 3 Greenford vacancy is now listed, but as usual is also on the internal vacancy list as well.
 

Lou2006

Member
Joined
31 Jan 2011
Messages
10
Hi Everyone,

This post may interest smoggy and pinkchocolate more. I have just checked my NR account and the New Cross signalling job that I was going for has changed to "Vacancy withdrawn".
Has anyone got the same message?

Cheers
 

Smoggy

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2009
Messages
85
Hi Everyone,

This post may interest smoggy and pinkchocolate more. I have just checked my NR account and the New Cross signalling job that I was going for has changed to "Vacancy withdrawn".
Has anyone got the same message?

Cheers

Same message here when I logged in last night. It would have been nice to have received an email alert informing the change of status though.
 

TheBigD

Established Member
Joined
19 Nov 2008
Messages
2,043
Has anyone 'external' actually got into a Signallers position recently?

I applied last summer, but only got invited to the assessments in the autumn. I passed and had my interveiw on the same afternoon. I was contacted the following day and was offered the job, subject to medical, references etc.
It was another 3 months before I actually started.
I'm currently under going my training.

Those looking for signallers jobs in Anglia may be disapointed as there will be over 50 jobs displaced by the 2012 Norwich-Ely resignalling, meaning a lot of internal applicants for any vacancies.

Hope this helps!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top