• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

W&S on WCML

Status
Not open for further replies.

j0hn0

Member
Joined
20 Jan 2009
Messages
563
Location
St Albans, England
don't know if this is the usual route but on saturday I saw the W&S rake pass through Rugby at about 2.20

I was in the car and so I just saw it pass overhead so not sure what road it was on but it was heading for trent valley junction from london

Anyone any ideas? Diverted?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
30 Jun 2005
Messages
8,871
Location
Rugby
don't know if this is the usual route but on saturday I saw the W&S rake pass through Rugby at about 2.20

I was in the car and so I just saw it pass overhead so not sure what road it was on but it was heading for trent valley junction from london

Anyone any ideas? Diverted?

Diverted due to engineering works on the chiltern line

 

Dreadnought

Member
Joined
1 Oct 2007
Messages
586
don't know if this is the usual route but on saturday I saw the W&S rake pass through Rugby at about 2.20

I was in the car and so I just saw it pass overhead so not sure what road it was on but it was heading for trent valley junction from london

Anyone any ideas? Diverted?

It was a diverted service due to engineering works and was going via Coventry.

WSMR have been diverting services via the WCML on and off during 2010 due to engineering works at weekends. The recent diversions which started on 6th June have normally been on a Sunday though last weekend was on a Saturday. There are further diversions on Sundays 11th and 18th July according to thier website and more engineering works are also taking place on Saturday 7th August though no details at present.
 

j0hn0

Member
Joined
20 Jan 2009
Messages
563
Location
St Albans, England
Thanks guys, it's the first time I have seen them on any line :)

So if the route is still from Marylebone, where does that connect to the WCML?

does it then reverse at Cov towards Leamington?

Will keep an eye out for it this weekend now :)
 

Voyager 2093

Member
Joined
20 Aug 2007
Messages
494
Location
London
It goes to Neasden Junction from Marylebone, then changes ends. After it does this it heads over on to the Dudden Hill Freight Line until Acton Wharf Junction. Before preceding onto the relief lines on the WCML.
 

Dreadnought

Member
Joined
1 Oct 2007
Messages
586
It goes to Neasden Junction from Marylebone, then changes ends. After it does this it heads over on to the Dudden Hill Freight Line until Acton Wharf Junction. Before preceding onto the relief lines on the WCML.

Are they not going via the Greenford loop anymore?

In reply to j0hn0, they do not call at Leamington Spa or Banbury when on diversion. From Coventry they head to Stechford to take the line from there to Aston and their next booked stop at Tame Bridge Parkway.
 

Voyager 2093

Member
Joined
20 Aug 2007
Messages
494
Location
London
I don't know if they are going on the Greenford Triangle Line. It depends on where the Chiltern Engineering works are taking place.

If South of Princes Risborough they will take the WCML because the lack of Tripcock on the 67s means they cannot travel on the LUL Lines from Harrow - Amersham like some of the 168s on London - Brums have been doing in recent weeks due to engineering works. So the WCML will be the only option.
 

barrykas

Established Member
Joined
19 Sep 2006
Messages
1,579
Also depends on whether there's Engineering Work on the Greenford branch, though I believe the reversal at Neasden is the "preferred" option (subject to route conductor availability) as it carries less of a time penalty.

Cheers,

Barry
 

Dreadnought

Member
Joined
1 Oct 2007
Messages
586
If South of Princes Risborough they will take the WCML because the lack of Tripcock on the 67s means they cannot travel on the LUL Lines from Harrow - Amersham like some of the 168s on London - Brums have been doing in recent weeks due to engineering works. So the WCML will be the only option.

I know that bit, what I meant is that they have travelled from the WCML via Acton Mainline and Greenford to South Ruislip and then reversed there back to Marylebone in the past and didn't know if they still were.

Looks like they prefer not to according to the post from barrykas.
 

TDK

Established Member
Joined
19 Apr 2008
Messages
4,164
Location
Crewe
I know that bit, what I meant is that they have travelled from the WCML via Acton Mainline and Greenford to South Ruislip and then reversed there back to Marylebone in the past and didn't know if they still were.

Looks like they prefer not to according to the post from barrykas.

I think you will find they will take what they are given by NR either reversing at neasden or Ruislip, Neasden is by far the quickest option though.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top