Flamingo
Established Member
- Joined
- 26 Apr 2010
- Messages
- 6,806
B
Well, from a personal point of view, I'm unable to make any comment on what an ATE does or does not do, as they don't regularly work any FGW HST's as far as I'm aware (at least not for more than a few stops, never near London), but concentrate on morning commuter 2-3 car trains (which outside of the LTV area always have a Revenue-Trained Guard as well).
I'm sure with the appropriate training they could do the same job as a Guard, but why bother downgrading one persons role and upskilling another's, but then have a situation that neither are there to do everything when requiredd?
Actually i think guards are perfectly placed and able to tell how TEs will cope based on their knowledge of emergency training and procedures. And it's quite slanderous to say 'your days of sitting in the back cab are over' as it implies all guards do exactly that. '
Well, from a personal point of view, I'm unable to make any comment on what an ATE does or does not do, as they don't regularly work any FGW HST's as far as I'm aware (at least not for more than a few stops, never near London), but concentrate on morning commuter 2-3 car trains (which outside of the LTV area always have a Revenue-Trained Guard as well).
I'm sure with the appropriate training they could do the same job as a Guard, but why bother downgrading one persons role and upskilling another's, but then have a situation that neither are there to do everything when requiredd?
Last edited: