• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VXC Summer Saturday HST Discounts Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techniquest

Veteran Member
Joined
19 Jun 2005
Messages
21,845
Location
Nowhere Heath
Warning: Anyone visiting Newquay on the Saturday of the May Bank Holiday Weekend should be warned its the annual 'Run to the Sun' festival. This means that for one it will be pi*s*ng it down with rain but even worse the town will triple in population and 95% of these people will be drunk. Then theres the Volkswagen Beetle carnival around the town, renowned for the punters carrying 'super soakers' not loaded with water but either beer or 'liquid body waste'. I have been every weekend since I was 16 and its a major riot.....

Oh THAT'S the little problem I heard about...

I have no intention to go into Newquay itself, I'll stay on the station to avoid meeting up with the drunken veg...Although a move to the chippy might have to be carried out to feed the stomach and provide some energy for the bash home!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Jim

Established Member
Joined
11 Jun 2005
Messages
3,490
Location
Wick
Warning: Anyone visiting Newquay on the Saturday of the May Bank Holiday Weekend should be warned its the annual 'Run to the Sun' festival. This means that for one it will be pi*s*ng it down with rain but even worse the town will triple in population and 95% of these people will be drunk. Then theres the Volkswagen Beetle carnival around the town, renowned for the punters carrying 'super soakers' not loaded with water but either beer or 'liquid body waste'. I have been every weekend since I was 16 and its a major riot.....

Cheers for the warning, I know what to avoid now!
 

don24

Member
Joined
13 Sep 2006
Messages
45
Just booked my FC ticket from Paignton to Sheffield, £39.50

Im looking forward to travelling in a GNER HST.:smile:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top