Back on topic.
I was due to travel with them this Friday (22 December) but the train's been cancelled with no reasonable substitute, or at least one that isn't almost certain to turn into a nightmare. I've made other arrangements that don't involve Virgin, luckily such a thing is easily possible in my case.
Two things:
- They're very keen to spam us with their awesomes and gloriouses but I've had no direct communication from them on the subject even though the booking was made more than a month ago. In fact, were it not for this forum I probably wouldn't even have known about the specific strike days.
- They tell me that I'm entitled to a refund. I spent quite a while online earlier and I'm convinced the only way to achieve this is to PHONE them. Is this right, it's like they're deliberately trying to deter me from asking for my money back? What's wrong with an online form?
Far from awesome.