• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

VTEC train was delayed, so I travelled with SR. VTEC Delay repay forwarded to SR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEE-DE

Member
Joined
25 Oct 2014
Messages
128
Hello,
On Wednesday I travelled from Haymarket to Dundee while there was the power line issue between Edinburgh and Berwick. I had planned to take the 20:37 VTEC train from Haymarket. As this was delayed, I took the 21:09 Scotrail service (using a split ticket Dundee-Inverkeithing-Haymarket OP Day Return). That service got me into Dundee 44 mins late. I checked later, the VTEC service ended up being 88 mins late. However, when I got to the station it was still announced as being about 25 mins late.

After the trip I submitted a delay repay claim to VTEC as I was more than 30 mins delayed. I have now received a message that they have forwarded my claim as I have travelled with Scotrail. However, Scotrail were not at fault for this delay at all as their train was on time. But I ended up not actually travelling on VTEC.

I would expect Scotrail to deny the claim as the delay was not their fault. Do I complain to VTEC again?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DEE-DE

Member
Joined
25 Oct 2014
Messages
128
I used the online form on VTEC's website and they forwarded it to Scotrail.
 

najaB

Veteran Member
Joined
28 Aug 2011
Messages
33,719
Location
Scotland
Whenever I've got a claim that isn't immediately obvious I email them rather than use the form. It might be worth contacting them again by email if Scotrail do the expected.
 

AlterEgo

Verified Rep - Wingin' It! Paul Lucas
Joined
30 Dec 2008
Messages
29,544
Location
LBK
Ring them and explain. They should have retained a copy of your claim and be able to go from there.
 

robbeech

Established Member
Joined
11 Nov 2015
Messages
4,904
Definitely email or phone claims that are not straightforward. This is a tricky one, if the VTEC train had arrived less than an hour late then it is the ONLY instance where I would consider /condone just telling them you were on that train and not mentioning the SR train. However, this isn't really acceptable here as the VTEC train had you caught it would be elligible for a higher level of compensation.
This confusion is why its always best to email them, add a photo of the tickets, give them the times you intended to travel, and the times you travelled. You should have a reference number so its still possible to do this before you even get a reply from SR.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top