work-traveller
Member
- Joined
- 18 May 2012
- Messages
- 421
I've only just noticed that Virgin are using voyager sets to run multiple services every day from Euston to Glasgow via Birmingham New Street. This is as well as the Birmingham New Street to Glasgow services, which starts at New Street.
a) Have Virgin been running this pattern for some time (quite possible as I don't pour over timetables)?
b) Presumably Virgin has voyager sets to spare (from Virgin Cross Country days?), hence this routing avoids the need for a pendalino - which would otherwise run Euston-Birmingham/Wolverhampton, or indeed all the way to Glasgow as it's all electrified?
a) Have Virgin been running this pattern for some time (quite possible as I don't pour over timetables)?
b) Presumably Virgin has voyager sets to spare (from Virgin Cross Country days?), hence this routing avoids the need for a pendalino - which would otherwise run Euston-Birmingham/Wolverhampton, or indeed all the way to Glasgow as it's all electrified?