• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Voyager to Liverpool?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

IrishDave

Member
Joined
30 Jun 2009
Messages
471
Location
Brighton
London Midland are only running as far as Runcorn on Sunday too. I suspect it has to do with the Allerton depot energisation, which I seem to recall reading in another thread (can't find it immediately) was scheduled for this weekend.
 

Class 170101

On Moderation
Joined
1 Mar 2014
Messages
8,662
Sounds like the route is blocked to Electric Trains then.

But could LM not use spare DMUs to run to Liverpool also? I can't believe all the 170s around Birmingham are unavailable on a Sunday or is it crewing issues again?
 

Manchester77

Established Member
Joined
4 Jun 2012
Messages
2,628
Location
Manchester
Sounds like the route is blocked to Electric Trains then.

But could LM not use spare DMUs to run to Liverpool also? I can't believe all the 170s around Birmingham are unavailable on a Sunday or is it crewing issues again?

It's been many years since the Birmingham - Liverpool service was run by 170s (think it was the days of Central trains) so I doubt the drivers of 170s will have route knowledge and vice versa
 

craigybagel

Established Member
Joined
25 Oct 2012
Messages
5,829
Wolverhampton and a small amount of New Street crews sign both 170's and Liverpool, but most of the Liverpool-Birmingham services are crewed by Crewe depot, who only sign 350's.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top