90019
Established Member
Can I just ask how many HST's Virgin still have...if they still have any electric units (apart from Pendolino's)
None of either AFAIK, not sure about how many sets of Mk3s.
Can I just ask how many HST's Virgin still have...if they still have any electric units (apart from Pendolino's)
Sucks that Virgin's backup MK3's are higher standard than NXEA's front line ones.
And better tables? And Brighter Interiors. And less repanelling inside. Looks like they replaced all the panels where they put the plugs in.
I know what you are saying there are similarties for sure, especially the green parts I see, but at the end of the day all MK3's that are refurbed should have a minimum of plug sockets.
What's the obsession with being blinded whilst in a train? I much prefer the muted lighting of the past so you can relax more.
I am not aware of Virgin ever having any EMUs...?!
Apart from the Class 390s then, which EMU?I think you will find the Class 390s are classed as EMUs
Some pictures of NXEA, just to be fair.
MK3 First class
http://drd2006.fotopic.net/p34330075.html (Urefurbed)
http://connersgallery.fotopic.net/p52992937.html (Refurbed)
Mk3 standard class:
http://drd2006.fotopic.net/p34330074.html (Unrefurbed)
http://rollingstock.fotopic.net/p55120944.html (refurbed)
Oh and Airline seats here:
http://rollingstock.fotopic.net/p42846540.html
Does anyone else think that the First Class MK3's look better unrefurbed? The NXEA refurbed MK3'sstandard class remind me of Virgin MK2s a little.
http://drd2006.fotopic.net/p26041235.html
As a late comer to this correspondence forgive me if this has occurred to others.
In an ideal world the doors would be power-operated. However in the real world - given central locking or whatever it's called, why can't we now have fixed droplights (if that's not a contradiction in terms) and an internal handle? At a stroke you remove the howling gale in the vestibules and give the a/c a fighting chance, and also produce a door opening mechanism that makes sense to anyone from outwith the British Isles.
Just found out, that on this pic http://www.paulbigland.fotopic.net/p59294244.html its actually where 2 windows have been plated over, as its an ex FO
I thought that there were lots of spare MK3 buffets though?
There weren't when this vehicle was converted in the 1980s to enable a load of old Mk. 1 catering cars to be withdrawn!
I thought that there were lots of spare MK3 buffets though?
The only issue I had with the MK3s was the small toilets...