It's all a bit strange and it doesn't really feel like a proper Virgin or Stagecoach TOC. It's also incredibly confusing that the West Coast is staying as Virgin Trains - the website and lounges say "Virgin Trains tickets are not valid on Virgin Trains East Coast".
"Virgin Trains tickets are not valid on Virgin Trains East Coast".
I believe a restricted reciprocal agreement with EMT is also being looked at.
That looks spectacularly stupid! Surprised that's not been picked up by the media.
Virgin really does need to re-name the WCML operation as Virgin Trains West Coast, so it can then clearly state that West Coast tickets aren't valid on East Coast and vice versa where applicable.
How long until we get the first post on here from someone that got caught out with a ticket for Virgin Trains and was silly enough to use it on a Virgin branded train elsewhere?
I think a new code on the lines of "VTWC" has been dreamt up recently - some tickets I had for the West Coast were still "VT Only" when printed in Jan though
It did look like they were going to be renamed to Virgin Trains West Coast and their name changed on National Rail but then it was changed back. Some publicity I've seen that said that has also reverted. I believe the station PIS have been changed from "Virgin Pendolino" to "Virgin Trains". I wonder if they decided to revert the name back when they realised displays be calling it "Virgin Trains WC" - not exactly the reputation you want to keep for your Super Voyagers.
Travelcards from Milton Keynes to Z1-6 have been routed VTWC trains only for a few weeks now.
The whole VTEC being called Virgin but being 90% Stagecoach is really messing with me.
Why are the percentage shares between the East and West Coast partnerships between Virgin and Stagecoach so different?
Travelcards from Milton Keynes to Z1-6 have been routed VTWC trains only for a few weeks now.
The whole VTEC being called Virgin but being 90% Stagecoach is really messing with me.
Why are the percentage shares between the East and West Coast partnerships between Virgin and Stagecoach so different?
Virgin Condoms then , will he be pleased to have them under his name? answer yes I would guess as long as its netting him money.
Would have been a lot easier if the east coast route was left where it was. As east coast, in public hands.
Why would you expect it to be the same. The two companies happen to be owned in different proportions by the same parent companies.
Would have been a lot easier if the east coast route was left where it was. As east coast, in public hands.
Best post on here! Thank you!![]()
Because they've reconsidered what level of involvement they want between signing the two deals. Perhaps when West Coast comes up again they'll re-structure West Coast.
Yea, but it's downhill all the way.1E01 had a damn good run today. Edinburgh-Kings Cross in a very respectable 3h57.
Yea, but it's downhill all the way.
Why not, he had Virgin Brides....Virgin Condoms then , will he be pleased to have them under his name? answer yes I would guess as long as its netting him money.
Why not, he had Virgin Brides....
I'm just wondering why, unlike the West Coast, Virgin were happy to be the minority in ownership.
Or, putting the question differently, if Virgin are only interested in branding, why do they own 51% of the West Coast when 10% would do?
Hopefully at some point, somone somewhere in Scotland will manage to get a photo of a fully branded VTEC set next to a VTWC set![]()
Edinburgh Waverley platform's 8 and 9 is the best bet for that. I saw a 390 and HST next to to each other today, the HST having the simple Virgin badge.
Edinburgh Waverley platform's 8 and 9 is the best bet for that. I saw a 390 and HST next to to each other today, the HST having the simple Virgin badge.