I go out of my way to avoid having to deal with one particularly obnoxious member of staff there. She seems to have an inexhaustible supply of feeble excuses to not sell me tickets that I ask for, ranging from ' but this is Manchester Piccadilly' if I ask for a ticket from a different station, to 'I need to see the other railcard holders' when asking for seat reservations for tickets to be used several weeks into the future
Hm. Off the top of my head: I've been refused Levenshulme to Bradford route via Hebden Bridge on the grounds that 'that's the long way around'...
Sometimes when I arrive without a ticket they refuse to sell me a ticket
from the station I just got on at to Manchester CTLZ and instead do it from Manchester STNS

Which means no free tram!
There was one man who insisted on giving me 'EDUC' discounted tickets, which were wrong and kept (rightly) getting me into trouble with Northern staff (not G4S).
I once had to stand at the counter for nearly 10 minutes because they wouldn't give me my advance tickets without stapling them to a T&Cs thing.
Guess where the box was eventually found? In the microwave!
