• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Virgin Employee Travel Perks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigD

Established Member
Joined
19 Nov 2008
Messages
2,043
Says who? :roll:

If you don't want to participate just don't click on the thread! It's quite simple!

Just like yourself I am allowed to express an opinion, contrary to what your arrogance and ego may be telling you.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Striker

Member
Joined
6 Dec 2010
Messages
503
Just likeyour self I am allowed to express an opinion, contrary to what your arrogance and ego may be telling you.

Of course you are. And I'm entitled to say "if you don't like what you're reading, don't click on the link!" :roll:
 

Legzr1

Member
Joined
19 Mar 2010
Messages
581
What? I said for a fact I know there is at least one. Don't see your point.

Ok then,at least one who doesn't share my opinion.

Excellent point :roll:

Am I now expected to change my opinion because it doesn't tally with that of 'someone senior to traincrew'?

Do me a favour mate...


It is perceived as the public's business because they are funding the railways through taxation irrespective of if they pay for a ticket or not.

So now we have to evaluate 'perceptions'.

At the rsk of shocking you,I agree with your notion.

However,after reading the comments on here it has nothing to do with indirect taxation and everything to do with "They're all getting something I'm not and I'm gonna kick and scream until someone agrees with me".



Just my peception you understand...


I don't know - ask them, not me.

It was an open question - members on this thread seem to answer points not asked of them (Oh,look at the bottom of this post - there goes another...)


Nobody has said railway employees should lose all free travel. A point you seem to like ignoring.

Re-read my post in context please :roll:


Petty cheap digs from you again I see. They just weaken your argument.

Again?

Damn me - I didn't realise you lot had such frail sensibilities...

As for weakening 'my' argument,if you lot had taken my advice earlier and minded your own damn business there'd be no argument to weaken.

Having said that,if my failed attempt at a light jibe offends anyone then I'll delete it.


Are we now done or is there more whining and whinging to read?
 

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
Joined
8 Oct 2010
Messages
2,662
I think we all have gone as far as we can with all this (just my opinion)

There are arguments for and against

both sides feel they are right

This will not change

Thats the idea of forums

However

all this petty bickering and name calling (yes i'm as guilty as anyone else)
is actually bringing things down to a pretty poor level

So maybe we should just get on with other discussions as all this is doing is making EVERYONE look rather daft and i'm pretty sure we all are relatively intelligent people who have lives away from forums/railways etc.

I've had my say and so has numerous other people and i'm happy with my point of view (and i presume so are others with their own point of view)

so thankyou for an excellent discussion, I will still post but on other topics where I feel I can be of help or an opinion is asked for

Chill out guys
 

TheBigD

Established Member
Joined
19 Nov 2008
Messages
2,043
Of course you are. And I'm entitled to say "if you don't like what you're reading, don't click on the link!" :roll:

Just like this exchange it's pretty pointless and boring, but I'll still read it none the less.

No one (me included) seems to have actually added anything of value, in my opinion, for the last few pages. Yes I know it's a forum but member A arguing with member B and member C for pages on end does get pretty dull, regardless of the subject being discussed if nothing new is being added. As others have pointed out it does seem to be going around in circles.
 

ukrob

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2009
Messages
1,810
On a completely unrelated note, it seems that some rail staff have really bad attitudes. I could have a field day with the above post from Legzr1, but it simply isn't worth the effort for someone who has an attitude problem, and addresses people who disagree with him/her as 'you lot'.

At least ANorthernGuard recognises that people will have different opinions (I disagree with him/her but it hasn't stopped us being civil to one another through private messages).
 

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
Joined
8 Oct 2010
Messages
2,662
On a completely unrelated note, it seems lots of rail staff have really bad attitudes. I could have a field day with the above post from Legzr1, but it simply isn't worth the effort for someone who has an attitude problems and addresses people who disagree with him/her as 'you lot'.

At least ANorthernGuard recognises that people will have different opinions (I disagree with him/her but it hasn't stopped us being civil to one another through private messages).

I feel that its quite an emotive issue but whats the point going around in circles, hasn't changed anyones opinions all it has done is gone petty and argumentative.
 

TheBigD

Established Member
Joined
19 Nov 2008
Messages
2,043
On a completely unrelated note, it seems lots of rail staff have really bad attitudes...

Whilst I accept that it is entirely subjective it's not confined to just rail staff. In my experience I get a lot worse customer service at places like supermarkets, newsagent etc, where a lot of staff don't even bother with please and thank you these days.
 

ANorthernGuard

Established Member
Joined
8 Oct 2010
Messages
2,662
Whilst I accept that it is entirely subjective it's not confined to just rail staff. In my experience I get a lot worse customer service at places like supermarkets, newsagent etc, where a lot of staff don't even bother with please and thank you these days.

that may be true but on a personal note , I feel especially when I'm doing my job I always try and keep reasonably cheerful and I am always polite, but saying that a small percentage of Pax can be as obnoxious as any poor attitude member of staff
 

TheBigD

Established Member
Joined
19 Nov 2008
Messages
2,043
that may be true but on a personal note , I feel especially when I'm doing my job I always try and keep reasonably cheerful and I am always polite, but saying that a small percentage of Pax can be as obnoxious as any poor attitude member of staff

I agree. I used to work with the public so I know what a minority are like. I've found most staff to be spot on and I feel that the level of customer service is pretty high compared to other places I've mentioned.
 

Legzr1

Member
Joined
19 Mar 2010
Messages
581
On a completely unrelated note, it seems that some rail staff have really bad attitudes. I could have a field day with the above post from Legzr1, but it simply isn't worth the effort for someone who has an attitude problem, and addresses people who disagree with him/her as 'you lot'.


Yeah,of course you could :roll: - PM me then if you'd like to take the conversation further (but I have a feeling it'll be more moaning)

Or,don't bother,have the last word here and move on.

I'm gone.
 

MidnightFlyer

Veteran Member
Joined
16 May 2010
Messages
12,856
Look, I'll just add my view, agree or disagree; frankly I don't really care either:
It is up to the Guard or RPI to check/issue a ticket to rail staff from other TOCs. If they allow staff to get away because they are railway., it's their choice, if they charge them for a ticket, that is their choice too, but something I heard a Guard say to a PRIV holder once has always stuck with me (he insisted on buying a ticket (the PRIV holder), but the Guard said): 'It's alright mate, we're all part of the same family'. He is fairly correct with that. Maybe if more staff felt that way, railways in this country would be better...
 

ukrob

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2009
Messages
1,810
Point proven I think. There - that is the last word from me.
 

ukrob

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2009
Messages
1,810
As I thought - no PM,no substance.

I thought you were already gone.

What exactly am I meant to PM you with? I have no idea. Plenty of substance (without resorting to being abusive) in the thread from me. I'm sorry if you can't deal with that or that you can't get your point across without cheap digs at other posters.

As I said, I have no idea what I am meant to PM you with that hasn't already been said. If that means there is 'no substance' then all it shows is that you can't be bothered to read the thread I guess.

Done. Again.
:)
 

90019

Established Member
Joined
29 May 2008
Messages
6,891
Location
Featherstone, West Yorkshire

Mr Spock

Member
Joined
14 Jan 2008
Messages
608
Everyone knows that Legzr1 contributed nothing substantial to the debate - just insults and nonsense so its obvious that he is just a troll stirring things up.

Just ignore it.

Now lets just move on.
 

Legzr1

Member
Joined
19 Mar 2010
Messages
581
Everyone knows that Legzr1 contributed nothing substantial to the debate - just insults and nonsense so its obvious that he is just a troll stirring things up.


Thanks for that summing up.


Now,'we' move on because you say so. :roll:




90019 said:
That's a pathetic way to try and win an argument and is the resort of people who know they are losing

I'll take that as a compliment coming from you.





Again,mind your own business and everything will be fine.:roll:
 

the sniper

Established Member
Joined
4 Sep 2007
Messages
3,498
To be fair ukrob, you set the stage for this final confrontation with this provocative post:

On a completely unrelated note, it seems that some rail staff have really bad attitudes. I could have a field day with the above post from Legzr1, but it simply isn't worth the effort for someone who has an attitude problem, and addresses people who disagree with him/her as 'you lot'.

The comment was blatantly made to wind up Legzr1 when things were coming to a conclusion. You've just got the result that you had probably hoped for...
 

ukrob

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2009
Messages
1,810
To be fair ukrob, you set the stage for this final confrontation with this provocative post:



The comment was blatantly made to wind up Legzr1 when things were coming to a conclusion. You've just got the result that you had probably hoped for...

And 'to be fair', if you scroll up from that post, you can see Legzr1's behaviour was exactly the same before my post. The post also stated (interestingly you didn't quote it) that there is someone else I disagree with, but we have remained civil with each other - so don't try putting the blame on me.
 

Mr Spock

Member
Joined
14 Jan 2008
Messages
608
All Legzr1 has contributed are words to the effect - shut up and mind your own business. At least Northern Guard put his case even if I did disagree with him I understood what he was saying and where he came from.

As said Legzr1 is nothing more than a s*** stirriing troll.

I for one am now finished with this thread as there is nothing else to add to previous posts.
 

313103

Established Member
Joined
13 May 2006
Messages
1,595
Now, Now lets all be friends! WE should agree to disagree. This appears to be going round and round most unlike the Circle line in London.
 

Striker

Member
Joined
6 Dec 2010
Messages
503
Seriously, Legzr1 keeps making more come backs than The Shadows!

Pleasedonotfeedthetrolls.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top