MedwayValiant
Member
- Joined
- 8 Jan 2013
- Messages
- 390
The journey named above was not an occasion on which Southeastern covered itself in glory. This is the last service on the Chatham mainline, and last night it was cancelled (apparently for no driver available, but that is uncomfirmed).
I was planning to join the service at Bromley South at 0057, as were half a dozen other people. The service is usually well loaded until Swanley, but empties out after that.
But with it cancelled, a replacement bus service was announced, to leave Bromley South at 0107. That bus never arrived, and by 0130 a member of station staff had to call a cab for the four passengers who had not found other ways to get where they needed to be. Arrival time at Rochester 0238 as against the booked 0130, but how I prove that for the purposes of delay repay I don't really know.
I imagine that passengers from Victoria for Bromley were told to take the last Orpington service, so did that bus leave Victoria carrying only passengers for stations beyond Bromley, and not trouble to go via Bromley? Or did the bus never actually exist?
I was planning to join the service at Bromley South at 0057, as were half a dozen other people. The service is usually well loaded until Swanley, but empties out after that.
But with it cancelled, a replacement bus service was announced, to leave Bromley South at 0107. That bus never arrived, and by 0130 a member of station staff had to call a cab for the four passengers who had not found other ways to get where they needed to be. Arrival time at Rochester 0238 as against the booked 0130, but how I prove that for the purposes of delay repay I don't really know.
I imagine that passengers from Victoria for Bromley were told to take the last Orpington service, so did that bus leave Victoria carrying only passengers for stations beyond Bromley, and not trouble to go via Bromley? Or did the bus never actually exist?