• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Varamis Rail Class 321s & 325s”

720_Aventra

Member
Joined
3 Jun 2022
Messages
52
Location
Essex
The most “up to date” (last updated in July last year) list I have is:
321334
321339
321341
321342
321407
321419
321428
321429
321440
Don’t know if anything has since been added/removed since then; I tried to keep up to date with the fleet whenever Varamis posted an update on “X”!
There's also 321338 which joined Varamis in around December 2024.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

DBS92042

Established Member
Joined
13 Apr 2019
Messages
1,802
The most “up to date” (last updated in July last year) list I have is:
321334
321339
321341
321342
321407
321419
321428
321429
321440
Don’t know if anything has since been added/removed since then; I tried to keep up to date with the fleet whenever Varamis posted an update on “X”!
See post #130 for the Varamis Rail 321 fleet
 

NSEWonderer

Established Member
Joined
5 Dec 2020
Messages
2,909
Location
London
Doesn't look Varamis is completely dead, at least not from the CEO Phil Read. Latest LinkedIn post. I always wondered if these assertions were full true.
 

800001

Established Member
Joined
24 Oct 2015
Messages
7,383
Doesn't look Varamis is completely dead, at least not from the CEO Phil Read. Latest LinkedIn post. I always wondered if these assertions were full true.
What's his latest post? I can only see the latest been the idea of him and Michael Portillo?
 

Jacob Porrett

Established Member
Joined
28 Jan 2022
Messages
1,967
Location
Telford
So looks like varamis have got the last remaining 325s by the sounds of it having read the article in the recent RAIL Magazine. Says they rescued them from the scrap man.
 

47584Suffolk

Member
Joined
1 Feb 2021
Messages
57
Location
Ipswich
321328 looking in a sorry state in Wembley Inter City depot today
<images show huge graffiti tags plastered over the unit>
I hate to see this kind of vandalism and am sharing the images only to show the terrible damage it does to the eyes
It can't be 321328 as that left Wembley for Newport on 4/3/25. Not in Renatus livery either.
 

800001

Established Member
Joined
24 Oct 2015
Messages
7,383
Well, very reliable source (unable to name) states that the 321s are indeed off to Newport next week.
 

DBS92042

Established Member
Joined
13 Apr 2019
Messages
1,802
Well, very reliable source (unable to name) states that the 321s are indeed off to Newport next week.
Are all of them due to go (I know they all can't go next week but eventually) or just a few of them?
 

D365

Veteran Member
Joined
29 Jun 2012
Messages
13,194
I take it no word on whether or not the remaining 325s will suffer a similar fate?
 

meld3

Member
Joined
28 Aug 2019
Messages
212
Location
West Midlands
Logic suggests the unconverted 321's will go and keep the converted ones plus the 325's. That brings in some money and saves spending any on conversions.
 

adc82140

Established Member
Joined
10 May 2008
Messages
3,413
Storage won't be free either, so better to gain scrap money for the unconverted ones than spend it while they rot away in sidings.
 

87015

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2006
Messages
5,078
Location
GEML/WCML/SR
Storage won't be free either, so better to gain scrap money for the unconverted ones than spend it while they rot away in sidings.
Isnt that why they are at railnet receptions, which is a NR Network Facility rather than official stabling location, so doesnt charge for storage as it isn't signed for that?
 

800001

Established Member
Joined
24 Oct 2015
Messages
7,383

Top