• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Vandalism near Huyton tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

strange6

Established Member
Joined
9 Jan 2011
Messages
1,920
Location
Wigan, Greater manchester
I see services are disrupted tonight (Sat 9th April) between Liverpool Lime Street and Huyton due to vandalism near Wavertree technology park. I must say that I'm not surprised by this because I have seen quite a number of youths near Olive Mount over the past couple of weeks on my travels to Liverpool. Twice the driver had to slow right down and blast the horn because they were so close to the line. I think this could be a little hotspot if the BTP don't crack down on it (setting the dogs on them would be a start)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

First class

Established Member
Joined
9 Aug 2008
Messages
2,731
Merseyrail has been quite badly affected the last couple of days due to vandalism on the Southport line mainly around Seaforth/Bootle/Bank Hall. Ranging from trespass, throwing metal bars on the track, (shorting the DC current), throwing at trains etc...

The local kids aren't in school at the moment for Easter Hols... correlation there no doubt!
 

jopsuk

Veteran Member
Joined
13 May 2008
Messages
12,774
The local kids aren't in school at the moment for Easter Hols... correlation there no doubt!

This is one of these oft repeated mantras that I do wonder if there IS a correlation- there MUST be statistics out there. I'm a little doubtful, at least, as to whether the proximity of the holidays makes a jot of difference at the weekend
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top