I was looking to see if I could do my journey tomorrow (Fleet to Surbiton rtn) on an Evening Out ticket, but the National Rail app tells me I can't use the return portion before 7pm. The conditions on the SWR website say that an EO return to London & back can't be used from Waterloo, Vauxhall or Clapham Junction before 7pm but makes no mention of other London stations.
I am fairly sure in the past I have used a EO ticket earlier than this from Surbiton. Am I mistaken in this, or have they tightened up/changed the rules? And if you can't for example catch your return train from any London station before 7pm why don't the rules say so?
I am fairly sure in the past I have used a EO ticket earlier than this from Surbiton. Am I mistaken in this, or have they tightened up/changed the rules? And if you can't for example catch your return train from any London station before 7pm why don't the rules say so?