• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Validity limit of [Place] Stations tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyCampers

Member
Joined
29 Jan 2024
Messages
7
Location
Yorkshire
adding to this thread rather than starting a new one - my question is similar

I have e-tickets that say Sheffield to Manchester Piccadilly, when I booked there was a pop up on screen that said valid for travel to/from Deansgate, Piccadilly, Oxford Road

Didn't think anything of it when booking but now it seems Oxford Road is where I need to get to, but its one stop on from Piccadilly - will the Manchester Oxford Road barriers let me through with Manchester Piccadilly tickets?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,674
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
adding to this thread rather than starting a new one - my question is similar

I have e-tickets that say Sheffield to Manchester Piccadilly, when I booked there was a pop up on screen that said valid for travel to/from Deansgate, Piccadilly, Oxford Road

Didn't think anything of it when booking but now it seems Oxford Road is where I need to get to, but its one stop on from Piccadilly - will the Manchester Oxford Road barriers let me through with Manchester Piccadilly tickets?

If it says Manchester Piccadilly it's only valid to Manchester Piccadilly, not beyond. I assume this is an Advance, if so it's only valid on your booked trains. (An &Connections Advance would allow the extra bit *if* it was to Manchester Stations).
 

Watershed

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
26 Sep 2020
Messages
16,770
Location
UK
adding to this thread rather than starting a new one - my question is similar

I have e-tickets that say Sheffield to Manchester Piccadilly, when I booked there was a pop up on screen that said valid for travel to/from Deansgate, Piccadilly, Oxford Road

Didn't think anything of it when booking but now it seems Oxford Road is where I need to get to, but its one stop on from Piccadilly - will the Manchester Oxford Road barriers let me through with Manchester Piccadilly tickets?
If it's an "Advance Single" - these are inflexible, fixed-train tickets. They are only valid on the exact train(s) shown on the ticket, and only valid to/from the exact station shown on the "mandatory reservation" section of the ticket. So if your "mandatory reservation" only shows a train to Manchester Piccadilly, you can only travel to Manchester Piccadilly.

If it's an "Off-Peak" or "Anytime Single / Return" - these are flexible tickets. It can be used on any train, subject to any route or operator restrictions shown under the "Route" (e.g. "Northern only"). Off-Peak tickets are also subject to time restrictions, as shown on the link printed on the ticket (e.g. nre.co.uk/TO).

Off-Peak or Anytime tickets are often issued to groups of stations such as Manchester Stations ("MCR" on e-tickets), which means you can travel to Piccadilly, Oxford Road or Deansgate or any other station shown on the ticket. And in 99% of cases you can also stop off at any station en-route - for example, you could stop off at Stockport, or at Manchester Piccadilly on your way to Deansgate.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top