Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!
I was wondering wether going from Farnborough to Woking to change onto a southampton train would be valid. As I'm currently looking into trains back in the evening and google maps is providing it as a route back whereas trainline isn't.
Not every fastest route is a permitted route unfortunately. In this case it is non-permitted because of the fact that fares from Woking are higher, so you'd otherwise be able to travel from Woking at a cheaper price.
Thanks for the replies, I think I've got enough time to catch the Portsmouth Harbour train and get a lift from Eastleigh, if not its a couple hours wait in the middle of the night.
If you can make it to Eastleigh by 23:40 there's a route 2 bus to Southampton. Unfortunately the night bus N2 doesn't go as far as Eastleigh.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
You could get the 22:45 to Portsmouth Harbour and it's a <10 min change at Basingstoke/Winchester to a Southampton train (so no point in the 23:40 bus). Otherwise it's the 00:15 direct to Southampton that I assume you've seen.
As others have said, there's only one mapped route (SW) for both Southampton Central and Airport Parkway and no flexiblity to double back to Woking.
We are aware of an issue with emails from the Forum to Microsoft-based email accounts (hotmail/outlook/live.com email addresses). This is being looked into currently, thanks for your patience meanwhile.