Bonneville91
Member
- Joined
- 29 May 2018
- Messages
- 63
This is something I have never managed to grasp. You remove some of the guards, revenue and conductors and they become OBS. Then the new guys come in on as an OBS and earn the same for less responsibility. However I do the see importance of both and are in no way saying they OBS role isn't important. Just don't understand that from a company perspectiveI find it somewhat strange that conductors earn less than OBS? Not that I'm bashing the OBS grade, just I thought Conductor has more responsibility and therefore their pay would reflect that...
Think conductors have Sundays outside
This is something I have never managed to grasp. You remove some of the guards, revenue and conductors and they become OBS. Then the new guys come in on as an OBS and earn the same for less responsibility. However I do the see importance of both and are in no way saying they OBS role isn't important. Just don't understand that from a company perspective
Do redhill services come under the Brighton mainline agreement where they are not bound by the exceptional agreements?Sort of.
They’re effectively compulsory overtime for each conductor, unless they can find someone else who wants to take the money and work it on their behalf. This is a reasonable arrangement, as most Sundays have some amount of demand for the overtime.
I believe OBSs still get paid at least slightly more per annum, on average. Also bear in mind Selhurst conductors generally make very little by way of ticket commission, for a number of different reasons.