• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

used railway magazine warehouse in Coventry area help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

infoman

Member
Joined
31 Aug 2015
Messages
55
Location
Bristol
Does any one know the location of the company which buys railway and aviation magazines.
Its a warehouse type place out in the country and is near Coventry?
Thanks in advance
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

infoman

Member
Joined
31 Aug 2015
Messages
55
Location
Bristol
Thank you for your reply
I stored the companies name on my Computer, and some how,
I can't locate the info,I did visit the place a few years ago,
although they don't now see callers if you turn up in person.
Thank you again for your interest.
 

Dr Hoo

Established Member
Joined
10 Nov 2015
Messages
5,708
Location
Hope Valley
Were you thinking of Midland Counties Publications at Hinckley (not that far from Coventry)?

They used to do railway books and magazines but I think they were somehow taken over by Ian Allan around 2011.

You can find references to them on the internet but I've not got time to research it now.

I don't think that the original business model still applies.

Best of luck with your search.
 

Busaholic

Veteran Member
Joined
7 Jun 2014
Messages
14,671
Were you thinking of Midland Counties Publications at Hinckley (not that far from Coventry)?

They used to do railway books and magazines but I think they were somehow taken over by Ian Allan around 2011.

You can find references to them on the internet but I've not got time to research it now.

I don't think that the original business model still applies.

Best of luck with your search.

It was the other way round - Midland Counties took over the book publishing side of Ian Allan about fifteen years ago. I was at the London Book Fair when it was announced (I'm a bookseller). Midland Counties up to then had primarily been an aviation publisher, so it's very likely to have been them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top