• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Used of Expired Railcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omot

New Member
Joined
15 Dec 2024
Messages
1
Location
LGC
Hi All,

I had a railcard that expired a year ago and I know it had.
I do it off sometimes when I noticed that railcard discount was applied during ticket purchase but sometimes forgets to take it off.
I was stopped today to present my railcard for the ticket purchased which I couldn't because it wasn't with me and I don't take it with me since it's no longer valid. My details was taken and I was told to upload it in 14days.
please advise, what should I do?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jfollows

Established Member
Joined
26 Feb 2011
Messages
10,173
Location
Wilmslow
Welcome to the forum!
Which company was it that took your details, and it might help if you post here copies of anything you have received with personal details obscured?
If you search the forum you will find many similar cases.
If you engage with the company, you may be able to settle out of court but it will cost you the full fare for all your recent journeys made without a railcard but claiming to have one, plus something like £150 on top.
Have a search and read of other cases.
If you don’t engage you could end up going to court, receiving a criminal record and being fined more than this, so it’ll probably be in your interest to cooperate with them when they write to you.
If you did have a valid railcard, then you can upload it and that will be the end of the matter. Since you don’t have a valid railcard, it’ll be more painful for you, but not the end of the world. I suggest you buy a railcard now and mention this when you respond to them in due course. It will help convince them that you have learned from your mistake and won’t make it again, which is what they really want to know.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top