• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Urgent. Selby to Thirsk how to purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeg

Established Member
Joined
20 Apr 2010
Messages
2,072
Location
Selby
I’m trying to buy an offpeak to Thirsk for travel tonight. The relevant trains are running and are bookable as a sum of their parts. But it says no journey found when I try to get a ticket to there using either the single, return or open return option, is there any way round this.
Ps the TVMs at Selby are journey planner tvms so suspect will encounter the same issue. Was intending to depart 2022 to York. Using LNER apps and virgin trains ticketing. Interesting that train split will sell it
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jfollows

Established Member
Joined
26 Feb 2011
Messages
10,171
Location
Wilmslow
£28.40 off-peak return using this site’s ticketing, is that what you’re after?
Including the 20:22 to York.
 

CyrusWuff

Established Member
Joined
20 May 2013
Messages
5,486
Location
London
Worldline WebTIS sites (GWR, TPE, SWR and RedSpottedHanky) will all sell them, as will Trainline.

Not sure why LNER can't find it, though I note that Chiltern can't either, so it may be an issue with their backend systems (I believe both sites use SilverRail.)
 

mikeg

Established Member
Joined
20 Apr 2010
Messages
2,072
Location
Selby
I found a solution, inspired by The overtake notice on journey planners that do sell it: put avoid Leeds. Not that should make a difference as via Leeds isn’t permitted anyway!
 

choo.choo

Member
Joined
17 May 2022
Messages
55
Location
UK
Not sure why LNER can't find it, though I note that Chiltern can't either, so it may be an issue with their backend systems (I believe both sites use SilverRail.)
I've just done a number of searches on both the LNER app and the LNER website and it seems to be having trouble finding itineraries with connections tonight, for any pair of stations with no direct service between I can't get it to produce me a valid itinerary for tonight at the moment.
 

MrJeeves

Established Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
28 Aug 2015
Messages
4,721
Location
Burgess Hill
This isn't something to do with the fake "compulsory reservation" issue is it...?
It definitely shouldn't be if other sites are finding it. :)

The LNER journey planner does appear to heavily prefer faster journeys, which is probably coming into play here.
 

choo.choo

Member
Joined
17 May 2022
Messages
55
Location
UK
It definitely shouldn't be if other sites are finding it. :)

The LNER journey planner does appear to heavily prefer faster journeys, which is probably coming into play here.
I’ve never had this issue before, journeys with a connection which I’ve booked on there hundreds of times before aren’t showing tonight. There is an issue where SilverRail won’t show an itinerary with an earlier first leg if the original first leg is cancelled, instead showing the whole journey as cancelled, but that doesn’t seem to be happening here.

Incidentally, happy new year folks!
 

mikeg

Established Member
Joined
20 Apr 2010
Messages
2,072
Location
Selby
I’ve done a bit more experimenting and it seems silverrail seems to be trying to suggest going via Leeds and then negating it as it’s not permitted by the routeing guide (though is often faster). Of course it was also cancelled. But it doesn’t seem to then automatically reroute via Church Fenton and York.
However if I tell it to avoid Leeds in the first place it finds the journey.
I’m guessing that’s how it works: find fastest journeys and then strip out those that aren’t permitted routes?

By the way the TVM at Selby has no problem selling the ticket.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top