• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

URGENT- Seatfrog train swap in conjunction with upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leogilbert007

Member
Joined
1 Nov 2024
Messages
162
Location
Born under the Brixton sun
If I hold a confirmed Seatfrog upgrade to first, can I use their “swap your train” feature to select another train, say I hold a first class ticket, and travel in first on this new train ? Or would this be breaking the rules? Thanks

(Asking as I have a potential opportunity to ride an InterCity 225 )
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Medicy

Member
Joined
2 Apr 2012
Messages
74
Interestingly, I just had a survey from Seatfrog asking if the ability to port their upgrades alongside the Swap Your Train feature would be useful, as they don't offer it at the moment. They also asked how much I would pay for this.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,436
Location
Yorkshire
For comparison, it's fine to upgrade a swapped train; certainly there can be no argument against that. The upgrade would be for the correct train, and the swap has made that upgrade possible.

While not the same thing, I don't see any good reason why you shouldn't be able to swap an upgraded service, but you would arguably need to select a first class swap to legitimise it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top