Anonymouse123
Member
Hi,
I have been buying tickets from the wrong station (short faring). The location is was supposed to be going on is a 20 min journey by train and has 3 stops before reaching the destination. I would buy the ticket from the last stop before the destination (trainline app).
A ticket inspector scanned my ticket and realised this and i came clean. He took my details and issued a travel incident report( i gave the correct details, name, address, dob). He said he will give me a warning and he showed the amount of the single ticket from my original destination (£6.30) was the amount i would have to pay, he said no fine. I feel so bad that i want to own up to it and let them know i’ve been doing it for a lot longer.
I didn’t know that what i was doing was really wrong. I thought it was more like a little white lie. I have been doing it for several months (8 atleast) but not everyday. A few times a week. I checked if someone else had done something similar online and realised just how serious it is and i am completely ashamed of what i have been doing. I was so ashamed that i deleted my trainline account(i know that everything i saved on a server, i didn’t delete it to avoid punishment) so i could do everything the correct way on northern rail app. I have seen people use a railcard and thought that was on the official app so i wanted to go forward the correct way.
I don’t want this to go to court as i am working in a field that doesn’t allow someone to work in that industry if they have a criminal record and i could lose my living, degree and post graduate qualifications. I am also the main breadwinner in my house and i am responsible for the long term caring and support of my mother who has health issues preventing her from working full time. She and the rest of my family won’t be able to survive without my income.
Please can someone help me on what to do. I’m begging you please. I don’t want this to go to court and i am happy to settle out of court and pay the full settlement immediately. I made a big mistake thinking it was a little one but my actions put my family at risk. I just want to make this right by paying a settlement.
The report happened almost 2 weeks ago and i am yet to receive a letter. Is it worth heading over to DRPU at York and explaining my situation to them to hopefully get them to agree to a settlement? My whole life has turned upside down and this could be disastrous for my family.
Please give me some advice.
I have been buying tickets from the wrong station (short faring). The location is was supposed to be going on is a 20 min journey by train and has 3 stops before reaching the destination. I would buy the ticket from the last stop before the destination (trainline app).
A ticket inspector scanned my ticket and realised this and i came clean. He took my details and issued a travel incident report( i gave the correct details, name, address, dob). He said he will give me a warning and he showed the amount of the single ticket from my original destination (£6.30) was the amount i would have to pay, he said no fine. I feel so bad that i want to own up to it and let them know i’ve been doing it for a lot longer.
I didn’t know that what i was doing was really wrong. I thought it was more like a little white lie. I have been doing it for several months (8 atleast) but not everyday. A few times a week. I checked if someone else had done something similar online and realised just how serious it is and i am completely ashamed of what i have been doing. I was so ashamed that i deleted my trainline account(i know that everything i saved on a server, i didn’t delete it to avoid punishment) so i could do everything the correct way on northern rail app. I have seen people use a railcard and thought that was on the official app so i wanted to go forward the correct way.
I don’t want this to go to court as i am working in a field that doesn’t allow someone to work in that industry if they have a criminal record and i could lose my living, degree and post graduate qualifications. I am also the main breadwinner in my house and i am responsible for the long term caring and support of my mother who has health issues preventing her from working full time. She and the rest of my family won’t be able to survive without my income.
Please can someone help me on what to do. I’m begging you please. I don’t want this to go to court and i am happy to settle out of court and pay the full settlement immediately. I made a big mistake thinking it was a little one but my actions put my family at risk. I just want to make this right by paying a settlement.
The report happened almost 2 weeks ago and i am yet to receive a letter. Is it worth heading over to DRPU at York and explaining my situation to them to hopefully get them to agree to a settlement? My whole life has turned upside down and this could be disastrous for my family.
Please give me some advice.