• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Urgent Help Needed – Railcard Date Tampering Incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizzyhdu

Member
Joined
12 May 2025
Messages
16
Location
London
I'd delete the bit in bold. You don't have to "go out of your way" to buy a train ticket or a railcard



Didn't you know that before this happened? I'd say reminded or something like that
Thank you for your suggestion.

Reference number:

I am writing to express my sincere apologies for the incident involving my use of an altered railcard. I fully acknowledge that my actions were inexcusable, and I deeply regret the inconvenience and trouble they have caused.

I recognise that this misconduct is unfair to the majority of your customers, who pay the correct fare and use valid railcards. This experience has reminded me of the importance of acting responsibly and ensuring that all fares and railcards are valid and paid for appropriately. I understand the impact of my actions on your company and fully recognize the importance of complying with the terms and conditions of travel. To rectify the situation, I have now purchased a valid railcard. The railcard number is XXXX.

I would like to resolve this matter amicably and without the need for court proceedings. I am willing to pay the outstanding fare as well as any administrative costs incurred in dealing with this issue. Please let me know the total amount due so that I can make prompt payment. Once again, I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and assure you that this will not happen again.


Best Regards,
XXXXX

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Yes, this looks good to me. I hope that it does the necessary with TPE.
Thank you!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,153
I would like to resolve this matter amicably and without the need for court proceedings.
It's not your decision on how to resolve it.

I would change this to say 'I wondered if it would be possible to resolve this without the need for court proceedings.'
 

Lizzyhdu

Member
Joined
12 May 2025
Messages
16
Location
London
It's not your decision on how to resolve it.

I would change this to say 'I wondered if it would be possible to resolve this without the need for court proceedings.'
Thanks for your suggestion! I will revise this sentence!

Reference number:

I am writing to express my sincere apologies for the incident involving my use of an altered railcard. I fully acknowledge that my actions were inexcusable, and I deeply regret the inconvenience and trouble they have caused.

I recognise that this misconduct is unfair to the majority of your customers, who pay the correct fare and use valid railcards. This experience has reminded me of the importance of acting responsibly and ensuring that all fares and railcards are valid and paid for appropriately. I understand the impact of my actions on your company and fully recognize the importance of complying with the terms and conditions of travel. To rectify the situation, I have now purchased a valid railcard. The railcard number is XXXX.

I wondered if it would be possible to resolve this without the need for court proceedings/ (I would be grateful if it might be possible to resolve this matter without court proceedings--which one is better?). I am willing to pay the outstanding fare as well as any administrative costs incurred in dealing with this issue. Please let me know the total amount due so that I can make prompt payment. Once again, I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and assure you that this will not happen again.
 

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,153
Either will do but personally I prefer the first version ;)
 

Lizzyhdu

Member
Joined
12 May 2025
Messages
16
Location
London
Thank you!

I am currently in the process of filling out the online form and would be grateful if you could help clarify two points:

  1. The form asks: "Have you been sent Single Justice Procedure Court Documentation in the post from us? This gives details of the court assigned for your case, and asks you to plead Guilty or Not Guilty to the Court."
    Based on the letter I received, would it be correct for me to select "No" in response to this question?
  2. For the field "Subject of your correspondence", would "Apology and Request to Settle Railcard Incident" be an appropriate and acceptable subject line?
 

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,153
You've not been sent a SJPN so answer 'no' to that. (SJPN are court papers)

Your suggested subject is ok, alternatively just put your case reference number.
 

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,832
I wondered if it would be possible to resolve this without the need for court proceedings/ (I would be grateful if it might be possible to resolve this matter without court proceedings--which one is better?).
I prefer the second version - it looks a bit more sincere and shows that you are not just asking on the off chance.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top