• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Urgent Help Needed – Railcard Date Tampering Incident

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lizzyhdu

Member
Joined
12 May 2025
Messages
16
Location
London
Hi everyone, I'm in a really panicked and regretful state right now and I need advice or support from anyone who may have experienced something similar.

Today, while travelling by train in the UK, a staff member scanned my Railcard. I had made a terrible decision earlier by editing the expiry date to extend it by 10 days. When they scanned it, the system showed incorrect details, and the staff immediately turned on a camera to record. I was extremely anxious and under pressure, and in that moment, I denied editing the card. However, they still took photos of my passport, ticket, Railcard, and other information.

This is the first and only time I’ve ever done something like this. I deeply regret my actions and I’m absolutely terrified now. I know I made a huge mistake and nothing can undo it, but I’m willing to pay any fines or take any responsibility—I just don’t want this to affect my visa or future in the UK.

I’m an international student, and I’m really worried—could this lead to a court summons or criminal record? Is there any way to resolve this without legal prosecution? Could this impact my current visa or future immigration applications?

I feel completely overwhelmed and ashamed. After calming down, I even went back to the station later that day to admit what I had done and to speak with staff. They told me that I should wait for a letter to arrive by post. Should I try to contact the rail company myself in advance to explain and apologize, or wait as they suggested?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Fawkes Cat

Established Member
Joined
8 May 2017
Messages
5,324
Hi everyone, I'm in a really panicked and regretful state right now and I need advice or support from anyone who may have experienced something similar.

Today, while travelling by train in the UK, a staff member scanned my Railcard. I had made a terrible decision earlier by editing the expiry date to extend it by 10 days. When they scanned it, the system showed incorrect details, and the staff immediately turned on a camera to record. I was extremely anxious and under pressure, and in that moment, I denied editing the card. However, they still took photos of my passport, ticket, Railcard, and other information.

This is the first and only time I’ve ever done something like this. I deeply regret my actions and I’m absolutely terrified now. I know I made a huge mistake and nothing can undo it, but I’m willing to pay any fines or take any responsibility—I just don’t want this to affect my visa or future in the UK.

I’m an international student, and I’m really worried—could this lead to a court summons or criminal record? Is there any way to resolve this without legal prosecution? Could this impact my current visa or future immigration applications?

I feel completely overwhelmed and ashamed. After calming down, I even went back to the station later that day to admit what I had done and to speak with staff. They told me that I should wait for a letter to arrive by post. Should I try to contact the rail company myself in advance to explain and apologize, or wait as they suggested?
Welcome to the forum.

The station staff's advice is good: wait for the railway to get in touch with you. The thing is, they will want to keep everything to do with the case together, so they'll need to give it a reference number and so on: until they have done that, and written to you to let you know what the reference number is, anything you send to them is quite likely to get lost. The only time when I'd suggest you write to them at once is if you know that you gave them fake contact details - because if you did that, then they won't be able to get in touch with you, and the matter will go straight to court.

In the meantime, it would really help us if you could tell us which train company it is that you are dealing with, because they all do things in slightly different ways. If you were given anything in writing at the end of your session with the staff member, it would help if we could see that - blank out your name, address and personal details so that you don't share then with the whole internet!
 

Lizzyhdu

Member
Joined
12 May 2025
Messages
16
Location
London
Welcome to the forum.

The station staff's advice is good: wait for the railway to get in touch with you. The thing is, they will want to keep everything to do with the case together, so they'll need to give it a reference number and so on: until they have done that, and written to you to let you know what the reference number is, anything you send to them is quite likely to get lost. The only time when I'd suggest you write to them at once is if you know that you gave them fake contact details - because if you did that, then they won't be able to get in touch with you, and the matter will go straight to court.

In the meantime, it would really help us if you could tell us which train company it is that you are dealing with, because they all do things in slightly different ways. If you were given anything in writing at the end of your session with the staff member, it would help if we could see that - blank out your name, address and personal details so that you don't share then with the whole internet!
Thank you very much. The train company involved is TransPennine Express. After the incident, I attempted to contact the station staff to explain and take responsibility, but I was unable to reach them successfully.
When I was questioned on the train, I was honestly extremely scared and overwhelmed. Because of that fear, I didn’t admit to what I had done at the time. That was a serious mistake, and I made the situation worse step by step. Now, I have received the Travel Irregularity Report from TransPennine Express.
 

WesternLancer

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Apr 2019
Messages
15,315
Hi everyone, I'm in a really panicked and regretful state right now and I need advice or support from anyone who may have experienced something similar.

Today, while travelling by train in the UK, a staff member scanned my Railcard. I had made a terrible decision earlier by editing the expiry date to extend it by 10 days. When they scanned it, the system showed incorrect details, and the staff immediately turned on a camera to record. I was extremely anxious and under pressure, and in that moment, I denied editing the card. However, they still took photos of my passport, ticket, Railcard, and other information.

This is the first and only time I’ve ever done something like this. I deeply regret my actions and I’m absolutely terrified now. I know I made a huge mistake and nothing can undo it, but I’m willing to pay any fines or take any responsibility—I just don’t want this to affect my visa or future in the UK.

I’m an international student, and I’m really worried—could this lead to a court summons or criminal record? Is there any way to resolve this without legal prosecution? Could this impact my current visa or future immigration applications?

I feel completely overwhelmed and ashamed. After calming down, I even went back to the station later that day to admit what I had done and to speak with staff. They told me that I should wait for a letter to arrive by post. Should I try to contact the rail company myself in advance to explain and apologize, or wait as they suggested?
One thing you could / should now do is to buy a new / legitimate Railcard - by acting promptly this is something you can say to the railway company when you contact them that you did to actively do to ensure you would have the correct Railcard going forwards. That could help show them that you have learned from your error and taken steps to stop it happening again.

Also - if you are an international student you need to be sure that you receive communication from them, which is quite likely to come in hard copy post - I am mindful that it will be end of term relatively soon and it may take some weeks / months for them to write to you. You need to be sure you can receive post if you move address at the end of term or go abroad for example. You may need to set up a postal redirection. It's vital you receive communication from them (so also check e-mail and spam) because if you do not respond it will automatically escalate to court prosecution.
 

Lizzyhdu

Member
Joined
12 May 2025
Messages
16
Location
London
One thing you could / should now do is to buy a new / legitimate Railcard - by acting promptly this is something you can say to the railway company when you contact them that you did to actively do to ensure you would have the correct Railcard going forwards. That could help show them that you have learned from your error and taken steps to stop it happening again.

Also - if you are an international student you need to be sure that you receive communication from them, which is quite likely to come in hard copy post - I am mindful that it will be end of term relatively soon and it may take some weeks / months for them to write to you. You need to be sure you can receive post if you move address at the end of term or go abroad for example. You may need to set up a postal redirection. It's vital you receive communication from them (so also check e-mail and spam) because if you do not respond it will automatically escalate to court prosecution.
Yes, I have now purchased a new and valid Railcard, but I understand that I need to buy a new ticket in order to activate it. I will also make sure to stay reachable and update my contact details if my address changes, so I don’t miss any communication from the railway company.

So at this point, should I just wait for further contact from them? Would there still be any chance for me to speak directly with the staff member involved? When the incident happened, I was truly overwhelmed and panicked, and I regret deeply that I didn’t admit my mistake right away.
 

FenMan

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2011
Messages
1,542
... and I regret deeply that I didn’t admit my mistake right away.
In any correspondence with the train company I strongly recommend you do not say you made a "mistake". Your action was deliberate.

I suggest phrasing along the lines of "I made a serious error of judgement, that will not be repeated" would be more appropriate.
 

Lizzyhdu

Member
Joined
12 May 2025
Messages
16
Location
London
In any correspondence with the train company I strongly recommend you do not say you made a "mistake". Your action was deliberate.

I suggest phrasing along the lines of "I made a serious error of judgement, that will not be repeated" would be more appropriate.
Thank you so much. And really appreciated ---I would like to know if I can send an email to them in advance to express my willingness to settle the matter out of court.
I am very scared that they might not give me a chance and proceed directly with prosecution.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

One thing you could / should now do is to buy a new / legitimate Railcard - by acting promptly this is something you can say to the railway company when you contact them that you did to actively do to ensure you would have the correct Railcard going forwards. That could help show them that you have learned from your error and taken steps to stop it happening again.

Also - if you are an international student you need to be sure that you receive communication from them, which is quite likely to come in hard copy post - I am mindful that it will be end of term relatively soon and it may take some weeks / months for them to write to you. You need to be sure you can receive post if you move address at the end of term or go abroad for example. You may need to set up a postal redirection. It's vital you receive communication from them (so also check e-mail and spam) because if you do not respond it will automatically escalate to court prosecution.
I would like to know if I can send an email to them in advance to express my willingness to settle the matter out of court.
I am very scared that they might not give me a chance and proceed directly with prosecution.
 

ikcdab

Member
Joined
3 Feb 2012
Messages
474
Location
Cogload Junction
No you cannot write to them in advance - you need to wait for their letter. I don't think that "I need to buy a new ticket in order to activate it." is correct - the railcard is live from the moment you buy it and will expire a year later from the purchase date.
 

Lizzyhdu

Member
Joined
12 May 2025
Messages
16
Location
London
No you cannot write to them in advance - you need to wait for their letter. I don't think that "I need to buy a new ticket in order to activate it." is correct - the railcard is live from the moment you buy it and will expire a year later from the purchase date.
I purchased a Railcard on Trainpal, but it keeps showing "Tobe Activated." I have clicked on "Activate" many times, but it still doesn’t work. Is there something I did wrong during the process?
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20250512_182257_com.pal.train_edit_33137244901713.jpg
    Screenshot_20250512_182257_com.pal.train_edit_33137244901713.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 97

AlterEgo

Verified Rep - Wingin' It! Paul Lucas
Joined
30 Dec 2008
Messages
29,589
Location
LBK
I purchased a Railcard on Trainpal, but it keeps showing "Tobe Activated." I have clicked on "Activate" many times, but it still doesn’t work. Is there something I did wrong during the process?
No. Trainpal railcards are unusual in that they need a qualifying purchase to activate them. You are correct on that.
 

Lizzyhdu

Member
Joined
12 May 2025
Messages
16
Location
London
No. Trainpal railcards are unusual in that they need a qualifying purchase to activate them. You are correct on that.
Thank you so much for your detailed response.
I would like to ask: what is the usual procedure of TransPennine Express in cases like this? I am very scared, especially because I did not admit to the issue at the time when I was questioned.
 

ikcdab

Member
Joined
3 Feb 2012
Messages
474
Location
Cogload Junction
I purchased a Railcard on Trainpal, but it keeps showing "Tobe Activated." I have clicked on "Activate" many times, but it still doesn’t work. Is there something I did wrong during the process?
Ok I've not seen that before. You learn something every day.
 

methecooldude

Member
Joined
14 Dec 2015
Messages
420
No. Trainpal railcards are unusual in that they need a qualifying purchase to activate them. You are correct on that.
This - Trainpal (and Trip) offer 'discounted' Railcards, the quid pro quo is that you book a ticket with them
 

Lizzyhdu

Member
Joined
12 May 2025
Messages
16
Location
London
May I ask if, under these circumstances, I am at risk of being taken directly to court? I am fully prepared to resolve the issue through an out-of-court settlement and pay any associated fines, but the current uncertainty is extremely distressing.
 

Pushpit

Member
Joined
18 Nov 2023
Messages
607
Location
UK
I purchased a Railcard on Trainpal, but it keeps showing "Tobe Activated." I have clicked on "Activate" many times, but it still doesn’t work. Is there something I did wrong during the process?
You could just buy a cheap ticket that you don't use, if you want to prove a quick repair to your railcard history.

It is unlikely that this ends up in court, so long as you engage properly, even though it is quite a serious matter. The only sort of cases where rail companies force through a prosecution is if their staff felt threatened by your response during the incident, or if you fail to engage constructively with the rail company when they write to you. There are even a few repeat offender cases where out of court settlements are reached. You say it was the only occasion, but obviously the rail company will be checking your history - this still leads to an out of court settlement but if there is evidence of other trips with the forged railcard then that will slow down the process. And it may take many weeks, or even a few months, for this to be resolved.
 

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,825
I purchased a Railcard on Trainpal, but it keeps showing "Tobe Activated." I have clicked on "Activate" many times, but it still doesn’t work. Is there something I did wrong during the process?
You can activate it by buying a single from Lichfield Trent Valley to Lichfield City, which will cost you a grand total of 85p (with the railcard discount) if it is for travel after 10:00. You don't have to use it, just buy it.
 

WesternLancer

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Apr 2019
Messages
15,315
May I ask if, under these circumstances, I am at risk of being taken directly to court? I am fully prepared to resolve the issue through an out-of-court settlement and pay any associated fines, but the current uncertainty is extremely distressing.
It would be very unlikely for you to be taken directly to court over this - but to avoid that it is vital you get the communication the railway company (TPE) will send to you and reply to it.

Have you had anything from them in writing yet? (letter, or e-mail)
 

Lizzyhdu

Member
Joined
12 May 2025
Messages
16
Location
London
You could just buy a cheap ticket that you don't use, if you want to prove a quick repair to your railcard history.

It is unlikely that this ends up in court, so long as you engage properly, even though it is quite a serious matter. The only sort of cases where rail companies force through a prosecution is if their staff felt threatened by your response during the incident, or if you fail to engage constructively with the rail company when they write to you. There are even a few repeat offender cases where out of court settlements are reached. You say it was the only occasion, but obviously the rail company will be checking your history - this still leads to an out of court settlement but if there is evidence of other trips with the forged railcard then that will slow down the process. And it may take many weeks, or even a few months, for this to be resolved.
Thank you. I will go and purchase a ticket to activate my Railcard.
What makes me especially nervous and scared is that, after the staff scanned my Railcard, they immediately turned on a camera to start recording. I also worry that my attitude during the incident might have seemed uncooperative , I hesitated when providing my passport and other information.
 
Last edited:

Lizzyhdu

Member
Joined
12 May 2025
Messages
16
Location
London
It would be very unlikely for you to be taken directly to court over this - but to avoid that it is vital you get the communication the railway company (TPE) will send to you and reply to it.

Have you had anything from them in writing yet? (letter, or e-mail)
I have not yet received any formal written notice from them, so I am still unsure how they will handle the case. When I was speaking with the railway staff, I was extremely nervous and, out of fear, I denied having edited the Railcard. I am worried that this might have made them unhappy or frustrated with me. I also felt very anxious and hesitant when providing my personal information—although I did fully provide all the required documents, I was emotionally resistant and very scared at the time.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

I have not yet received any formal written notice from them, so I am still unsure how they will handle the case. When I was speaking with the railway staff, I was extremely nervous and, out of fear, I denied having edited the Railcard. I am worried that this might have made them unhappy or frustrated with me. I also felt very anxious and hesitant when providing my personal information—although I did fully provide all the required documents, I was emotionally resistant and very scared at the time.
How should I properly word my response to express regret and request an out-of-court settlement if I receive a formal written notice from them?
 

WesternLancer

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Apr 2019
Messages
15,315
I have not yet received any formal written notice from them, so I am still unsure how they will handle the case. When I was speaking with the railway staff, I was extremely nervous and, out of fear, I denied having edited the Railcard. I am worried that this might have made them unhappy or frustrated with me. I also felt very anxious and hesitant when providing my personal information—although I did fully provide all the required documents, I was emotionally resistant and very scared at the time.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


How should I properly word my response to express regret and request an out-of-court settlement if I receive a formal written notice from them?
Basically you need to wait until they contact you to see what they are asking in respect of what you have done.

You will get help from here on how to respond to get the best outcome you can and to maximise your chances of getting offered an out of court settlement.

You need to persuade them that
- you understand what you did was very wrong
- you will never do it again
- you are sorry for what you did
- you are prepared to pay them what you have evaded

You can find other examples on the forum of the sorts of replies to send in due course.
 

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,153
Welcome to the forum!

Altering a railcard is a serious issue and Transpennine Express are entitled to prosecute you int he Magistrates Court if they want to although they will normally offer an out of court settlement to people who co-operate with them and who haven't come to their attention before.

DO NOT contact them before they write to you. This is because you don't know who is dealing with your case (it certainly won't be station staff) and you don't know what they're going to ask you so there is a risk you could incriminate yourself when you don't need to. It could take several weeks for TOE to write to you so do make sure you have a way to receive post if you are likely to be away from your address or moving over the summer.

Once the letter comes, post a redacted copy of it in this thread along with your draft reply and we can assist with proof reading it for you.
 

Lizzyhdu

Member
Joined
12 May 2025
Messages
16
Location
London
Basically you need to wait until they contact you to see what they are asking in respect of what you have done.

You will get help from here on how to respond to get the best outcome you can and to maximise your chances of getting offered an out of court settlement.

You need to persuade them that
- you understand what you did was very wrong
- you will never do it again
- you are sorry for what you did
- you are prepared to pay them what you have evaded

You can find other examples on the forum of the sorts of replies to send in due course.
Thank you. Once I receive the letter, I will update you and start drafting my response. I really hope I can receive your advice and support at that time.
Thank you very much.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Welcome to the forum!

Altering a railcard is a serious issue and Transpennine Express are entitled to prosecute you int he Magistrates Court if they want to although they will normally offer an out of court settlement to people who co-operate with them and who haven't come to their attention before.

DO NOT contact them before they write to you. This is because you don't know who is dealing with your case (it certainly won't be station staff) and you don't know what they're going to ask you so there is a risk you could incriminate yourself when you don't need to. It could take several weeks for TOE to write to you so do make sure you have a way to receive post if you are likely to be away from your address or moving over the summer.

Once the letter comes, post a redacted copy of it in this thread along with your draft reply and we can assist with proof reading it for you.
Thank you. I will wait for their letter. Because now is very stressful I couln't eat anything.
Once I receive the letter, I will update you and start drafting my response.
I really hope I can receive your advice and support at that time.
Thank you very much.
 

duffield

Established Member
Joined
31 Jul 2013
Messages
3,301
Location
East Midlands
...
What makes me especially nervous and scared is that, after the staff scanned my Railcard, they immediately turned on a camera to start recording. I also worry that my attitude during the incident might have seemed uncooperative , I hesitated when providing my passport and other information.
On this particular point, assuming you were not in any way abusive or threatening, your attitude being a bit uncooperative shouldn't make any difference to the outcome. Many people do much worse and just make up a pack of lies when stopped, giving false personal and travel details; there's no evidence that even this makes any difference to the final outcome, in particular no evidence it stops an out of court settlement being offered (except when they give the wrong address and then fail to respond to correspondence).
 

Lizzyhdu

Member
Joined
12 May 2025
Messages
16
Location
London
Hi, everyone. I have received a letter from them. What should I do next? Should I write them an email to contact them about using a fake railcard? Do I need to provide them with any documents?
 

Attachments

  • 2025-05-24_201127_446.jpg
    2025-05-24_201127_446.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 181

Pushpit

Member
Joined
18 Nov 2023
Messages
607
Location
UK
Hi, everyone. I have received a letter from them. What should I do next? Should I write them an email to contact them about using a fake railcard? Do I need to provide them with any documents?
That's good news since they are clearly minded to offer an out of court settlement, so long as you stay in a constructive dialogue with them. I would suggest you look at post 20 above and construct an apology letter based on that. I don't think you need to send any documents (etc) or estimate the lost fares, but you should mention you now have a railcard and give them the railcard number, just to show you are now on the level. If you draft something and present it here, minus personal details, then we can support you with any word changes (etc).
 

Lizzyhdu

Member
Joined
12 May 2025
Messages
16
Location
London
That's good news since they are clearly minded to offer an out of court settlement, so long as you stay in a constructive dialogue with them. I would suggest you look at post 20 above and construct an apology letter based on that. I don't think you need to send any documents (etc) or estimate the lost fares, but you should mention you now have a railcard and give them the railcard number, just to show you are now on the level. If you draft something and present it here, minus personal details, then we can support you with any word changes (etc).
Thank you so much! I draft a email like that:

Reference number:

I am writing to express my sincere apologies for the incident involving my use of an altered railcard. I fully acknowledge that my actions were inexcusable, and I deeply regret the inconvenience and trouble they have caused.

I have never previously engaged in fare evasion or any form of misconduct in my use of railway services. This experience has taught me the importance of acting responsibly and ensuring that all fares and railcards are valid and paid for appropriately. I understand the impact of my actions on your company and fully recognize the importance of complying with the terms and conditions of travel. To rectify the situation, I have now purchased a valid railcard. The railcard number is XXXX.

I would like to resolve this matter amicably and without the need for court proceedings. I am willing to pay the outstanding fare as well as any administrative costs incurred in dealing with this issue. Please let me know the total amount due so that I can make prompt payment. I would once again express my apologies for any inconvenience caused. I assure you this will not happen again.


I don't know if this is possible? Can you give me some advice? Do I need to provide more details in the email?
 

Pushpit

Member
Joined
18 Nov 2023
Messages
607
Location
UK
Thank you so much! I draft a email like that:

Reference number:

I am writing to express my sincere apologies for the incident involving my use of an altered railcard. I fully acknowledge that my actions were inexcusable, and I deeply regret the inconvenience and trouble they have caused.

I have never previously engaged in fare evasion or any form of misconduct in my use of railway services. This experience has taught me the importance of acting responsibly and ensuring that all fares and railcards are valid and paid for appropriately. I understand the impact of my actions on your company and fully recognize the importance of complying with the terms and conditions of travel. To rectify the situation, I have now purchased a valid railcard. The railcard number is XXXX.

I would like to resolve this matter amicably and without the need for court proceedings. I am willing to pay the outstanding fare as well as any administrative costs incurred in dealing with this issue. Please let me know the total amount due so that I can make prompt payment. I would once again express my apologies for any inconvenience caused. I assure you this will not happen again.


I don't know if this is possible? Can you give me some advice? Do I need to provide more details in the email?
1) I would remove "I have never previously engaged in fare evasion...", even if it's true. It doesn't add much by way of mitigation and what you did is at the serious end of the fraud scale, so even this one attempt is way too many.

2) You mentioned "outstanding fare". This is good if there really has been one, and only one, attempt at travelling with the defective card, but bear in mind TPE will have done their checks in this area, and probably that's why it took a while to hear from them.

3) This should be your own words raally, but consider adding something like "I recognise that this misconduct is unfair on the majority of your customers who do go out of their way to pay the right fare and use the right railcard." Or something similar.

Otherwise yes, it's a good letter in my view. I would hang on until Sunday afternoon in case any other forumite spots ways of improving this letter.
 

Lizzyhdu

Member
Joined
12 May 2025
Messages
16
Location
London
1) I would remove "I have never previously engaged in fare evasion...", even if it's true. It doesn't add much by way of mitigation and what you did is at the serious end of the fraud scale, so even this one attempt is way too many.

2) You mentioned "outstanding fare". This is good if there really has been one, and only one, attempt at travelling with the defective card, but bear in mind TPE will have done their checks in this area, and probably that's why it took a while to hear from them.

3) This should be your own words raally, but consider adding something like "I recognise that this misconduct is unfair on the majority of your customers who do go out of their way to pay the right fare and use the right railcard." Or something similar.

Otherwise yes, it's a good letter in my view. I would hang on until Sunday afternoon in case any other forumite spots ways of improving this letter.
Thank you so much!

This is my final draft. Looking forward to other suggestions. Thank you!

Reference number:

I am writing to express my sincere apologies for the incident involving my use of an altered railcard. I fully acknowledge that my actions were inexcusable, and I deeply regret the inconvenience and trouble they have caused.

I recognise that this misconduct is unfair to the majority of your customers, who go out of their way to pay the correct fare and use valid railcards. This experience has taught me the importance of acting responsibly and ensuring that all fares and railcards are valid and paid for appropriately. I understand the impact of my actions on your company and fully recognize the importance of complying with the terms and conditions of travel. To rectify the situation, I have now purchased a valid railcard. The railcard number is XXXX.

I would like to resolve this matter amicably and without the need for court proceedings. I am willing to pay the outstanding fare as well as any administrative costs incurred in dealing with this issue. Please let me know the total amount due so that I can make prompt payment. Once again, I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused and assure you that this will not happen again.


Best regrads,
XXXX
 
Last edited:

SuspectUsual

Established Member
Joined
11 Jul 2018
Messages
6,825
I recognise that this misconduct is unfair to the majority of your customers, who go out of their way to pay the correct fare and use valid railcards

I'd delete the bit in bold. You don't have to "go out of your way" to buy a train ticket or a railcard

This experience has taught me the importance of acting responsibly

Didn't you know that before this happened? I'd say reminded or something like that
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top