• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

UPFN received for boarding the wrong service. Any advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flamingo

Established Member
Joined
26 Apr 2010
Messages
6,806
I'm talking about way back when such checks were considered part of the journey. We weren't in so much of a tearing hurry in those days. With multiple TIs doing the checks you'd need to be on a very busy train for the wait to be significant.
Unfortunately, these days, the number of people in a hurry seem quite a significant number. Some of them are in such a hurry they don't even have time to buy a ticket!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

sarahj

Established Member
Joined
12 Dec 2012
Messages
1,897
Location
Brighton
Unfortunately, these days, the number of people in a hurry seem quite a significant number. Some of them are in such a hurry they don't even have time to buy a ticket!

Like the punter tonight, he was so late for his train he was unable to buy a ticket, yet somehow managed to A: Get through the barrier at Brighton without one* and B. make it to coach 1 of a 12 coach train. And then present me with a pre paid master card. Oh and was deaf, then as I was phoning through for authorisation, gabbed the card off me before I could give them the exp date.
He got through the barrier at victoria using his freedom pass.

*I dont think he came from Brighton somehow.
 
Last edited:

Flamingo

Established Member
Joined
26 Apr 2010
Messages
6,806
Like the punter tonight, he was so late for his train he was unable to buy a ticket, yet somehow managed to A: Get through the barrier at Brighton without one* and B. make it to coach 1 of a 12 coach train. And then present me with a pre paid master card. Oh and was deaf, then as I was phoning through for authorisation, gabbed the card off me before I could give them the exp date.
He got through the barrier at victoria using his freedom pass.

*I dont think he came from Brighton somehow.
The last one I had that claimed to be deaf was sorry he did - the rest of the conversation was conducted at the top of my voice!

"I SAID YOU ARE A FARE-DODGER, CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?"

The carriage looked like it was populated by meerkats, the number of heads appearing over the backs of seats :lol:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top