IAmStupid
Member
To start this off- yes I'm a dumbass. In hindsight I should have just said I had no ticket rather than making a fake one. But if I could time travel I wouldn't be in this mess- or using trains.
I thought I brought a return ticket on my usual route. It wasn't until I was on my train home (there were no barriers at departure station) that I realised I had only gotten a single, and therefore no ticket for the return train I was on. The staff at my home station usually just look at your ticket for a moment and wave you through, so thought I could just photoshop the station the other way around on my ticket. Of course this was the one time the inspector insisted on scanning the bugger and it flagged up as the wrong journey.
Name & details taken and I was sent on my way. At no point did I admit it was fake and the inspector just seemed confused instead of accusational - but I'm sure GTR will see straight through it.
I realised now this is going to be more than the £50 fine that I would've gotten for just having no ticket at all- but I was pushing my luck it seems.
Think I'm looking at a £1000 fine for fraud? Or a court date?
Please don't tell me the way I could have avoided this - I know and I'm already beating myself up over it
I thought I brought a return ticket on my usual route. It wasn't until I was on my train home (there were no barriers at departure station) that I realised I had only gotten a single, and therefore no ticket for the return train I was on. The staff at my home station usually just look at your ticket for a moment and wave you through, so thought I could just photoshop the station the other way around on my ticket. Of course this was the one time the inspector insisted on scanning the bugger and it flagged up as the wrong journey.
Name & details taken and I was sent on my way. At no point did I admit it was fake and the inspector just seemed confused instead of accusational - but I'm sure GTR will see straight through it.
I realised now this is going to be more than the £50 fine that I would've gotten for just having no ticket at all- but I was pushing my luck it seems.
Think I'm looking at a £1000 fine for fraud? Or a court date?
Please don't tell me the way I could have avoided this - I know and I'm already beating myself up over it
Last edited:
Thank you for your reply