• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Upcoming Specials Via West Coast Main Line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert C.

New Member
Joined
23 Nov 2010
Messages
1
Location
United States
Hello, All.

I'm a UK railway enthusiast located in the US and I've recently discovered the West Coast main line web cam. Is anyone aware of special tours/workings scheduled for the WCML which will be passing the web cam's location during the upcoming days?

Thank you in advance for any information provided.

Kind regards,

Robert
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

142094

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2009
Messages
8,789
Location
Newcastle
Whereabouts is the webcam located? There is a tour this Saturday going via the West Coast from Leeds to Oxford (see here for more info).
 

Darandio

Established Member
Joined
24 Feb 2007
Messages
11,145
Location
Redcar
Yep, you will be able to see the Royal Scot but won't the other one join at Euxton Junction, just north of the webcam?
 

Bittern

Established Member
Joined
8 Apr 2009
Messages
1,919
Location
Scotland
I'm assuming this train won't sit in Central for five hours which sucks because providing I'm working a reasonably early shift, I would take a wee trip in and see it.
 

sprinterguy

Veteran Member
Joined
4 Mar 2010
Messages
11,577
Location
Macclesfield
Yep, you will be able to see the Royal Scot but won't the other one join at Euxton Junction, just north of the webcam?

The Retro railtours Leeds to Oxford tour won't pass Euxton, it's running via Stockport and Stafford so will join the WCML much further south.
 

sprinterguy

Veteran Member
Joined
4 Mar 2010
Messages
11,577
Location
Macclesfield
For some reason I read the post as if you'd said that it was hauled by Royal Scot! Haven't even had a beer yet today...

:D Fair enough, I thought your post was a bit out of the blue: Just assumed you were really enthusiastic about the traction ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top