• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Upcoming assessment for SWT Guard role, advice please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relentless

New Member
Joined
2 Nov 2016
Messages
2
Location
London, UK
Hi folks,

New to the forums (and first post!), apologies if there is already a thread with this topic!

I'm sure this question has been asked a lot too..

I have an upcoming assessment center for SWT for a Guard role. In the correspondance I have been sent the practice materials. I will be tested on the following:

Colour Vision
Concentration
Railway Verbal Communication Exercise
Numerical Computation
Customer Service Scenarios
Verbal Comprehension

In your experience, do you have any advice for me? I do struggle slightly mathematically and this does worry me a little.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Kind regards,

Relentless
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JohnFM

Member
Joined
24 Jul 2015
Messages
214
The first thing is not to panic! Calm is the key.

Do your practice tests, that is what they are there for.

Just do them, understand the areas where you are lacking and just enjoy it. Once you know where you need to improve you can work on them.

It's that simple. Just keep calm and enjoy doing the work.
 

Burgundy_ray

Member
Joined
16 Jan 2014
Messages
9
Swt will mark each paper as you do them and if you pass that test then you will sit the next one. At least you will know on the day how you have done.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top