• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unusual Split Aberystwyth to Durham?

Amaranthe

Member
Joined
13 Aug 2020
Messages
203
Location
Durham
On Sunday I'll be travelling back to Durham from Aberystwyth on a split advance single purchased from Trainsplit with the split being at Birmingham International.

I've just realised that I'll actually pass through Birmingham New Street twice on this journey which is what I find a bit unusual.

My trains are...

14:27 Aberystwyth - Shrewsbury 16:18
16:31 Shrewsbury - Birmingham International 17:52 (via New St)
18:10 Birmingham International - Durham 21:11 (via New St)

Tickets held are Advance Singles...

Aberystwyth - Birmingham International
Birmingham International - Durham

So I'm just curious why it has me changing (and the split) at Birmingham International rather than New St.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlterEgo

Verified Rep - Wingin' It! Paul Lucas
Joined
30 Dec 2008
Messages
29,617
Location
LBK
It'll probably be because that was cheaper based on Advance quota and tiers.
 

MarlowDonkey

Established Member
Joined
4 Apr 2013
Messages
1,880
So I'm just curious why it has me changing (and the split) at Birmingham International rather than New St.
Could it be an anomaly in the pricing of Advance tickets where the extra trip to International results in a lower aggregate fare for no time loss.
 

Top