• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unusual sound on the 1972 stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent

Member
Joined
31 Mar 2016
Messages
759
Location
London
I was just on the bakerloo line first carriage. Every time the train was about to move it made some deep winding, loud sound. I haven’t heard the 1972 stock make this sound before. What might it be.

I’m just curious to what the sound was. I should’ve recorded it but forgot to.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Dstock7080

Established Member
Joined
17 Feb 2010
Messages
3,536
Location
West London
Possibly the RPA Rotary Pneumatic Accelerator not engaging first notch and having to rotate again?
 

73Stock

On Moderation
Joined
18 Aug 2023
Messages
164
Location
London
Is that the same sound and jolt as on the 1973 stock when pulling away?
 

Silent

Member
Joined
31 Mar 2016
Messages
759
Location
London
I haven’t heard the sound on a 1973 stock either. It was like something was winding to help the train to release.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top