• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unsuccessful Job Interview. 6 month wait to reapply, however..

Status
Not open for further replies.

bawbster

Member
Joined
4 Mar 2019
Messages
46
O|K folks, recently had an interview for train dispatcher (GPR) with Scotrail and had the dreaded thanks but no thanks email. Few questions regarding other roles.
1. It was a generic email with a no reply address but I still have one of the recruitment teams email, is it worth emailing regarding feedback?
2. It states that no reapply within 6 months, does that mean for the same role at the same station or all other roles at any station?
3. Now the however part of the post. About a year ago I applied for a ticket examiner role (Scotrail again) and never received a reply and assumed i wasn't successful but mid February I recieved an email stating that they may be hiring again for TE for the station I apllied for and if I was interested (well duh), so passed the online assessment and they would get back to me.
The world stopped and haven't heard anything since, would being rejected bar me from getting anywhere for the TE job, i've used a different email from the other post and it's a different person who contacted me.

Cheers.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

C J Snarzell

Established Member
Joined
11 Apr 2019
Messages
1,517
Hi mate

Firstly, defo ask for the feedback - you have nothing to lose and if you've done an interview it's valuable for you to work on any development for next time.

Regarding the 6 month rule - I'd try and contact the ScotsRail HR. Some TOCs put a ban on specific roles (so you can still apply for other stuff), but a couple of TOCs put a blanket 6 month ban on everything. I do think the latter is a little unfair but I can understand why some HR's do this.

I would avoid going down the route of using another e-mail address to garner an application because it is a little dishonest and I suspect HR's are wise to this anyway.

I'm sorry I can't provide any specific e-mail addresses for the ScotsRail HR but I'm sure another member on hear may point you in the right direction.

Good luck.

CJ
 

bawbster

Member
Joined
4 Mar 2019
Messages
46
Hi mate

Firstly, defo ask for the feedback - you have nothing to lose and if you've done an interview it's valuable for you to work on any development for next time.

Regarding the 6 month rule - I'd try and contact the ScotsRail HR. Some TOCs put a ban on specific roles (so you can still apply for other stuff), but a couple of TOCs put a blanket 6 month ban on everything. I do think the latter is a little unfair but I can understand why some HR's do this.

I would avoid going down the route of using another e-mail address to garner an application because it is a little dishonest and I suspect HR's are wise to this anyway.

I'm sorry I can't provide any specific e-mail addresses for the ScotsRail HR but I'm sure another member on hear may point you in the right direction.

Good luck.

CJ
Contacted the recruitment team on the email and the couldn't give feedback at this time. Not the end of the world but getting to interview stage and not seeing where I went wrong is disappointing though. They did state that getting an interview was an achievement though and I am barred from that role at that station, so can continue to apply for other jobs.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top