• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Unreserved seating on Avanti Voyager 10 car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chucky

Member
Joined
25 Mar 2022
Messages
59
Location
London
Hope I've put this in the right place... Which coaches are unreserved on Avanti voyagers running as double sets?
Is there one in each unit? Thanks.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jfollows

Established Member
Joined
26 Feb 2011
Messages
10,173
Location
Wilmslow
I just had a friend stay who returned today from Wilmslow, changing at Crewe, onto 1A38 which was a double Voyager from Chester (12:55 from Crewe), and he had reservations in coach B. I just tried making a booking for myself on 1A38 tomorrow and found that coaches C & J were the ones I wasn't able to reserve seats in. I would suggest to Chucky to make a dummy booking for a train of interest and see what you can see for yourself, you don't need to get to the stage of paying for the ticket, simply ask for a reservation and then ask to change the seat reservation it gives you and it should be clear from there which coaches can't be reserved (I used the Avanti Web site for this).
1681310276017.png
So my friend Bob’s experience plus my messing around implies coaches C and J, the middle coaches in each unit, do not have reservations.
 
Last edited:

Chucky

Member
Joined
25 Mar 2022
Messages
59
Location
London
I just had a friend stay who returned today from Wilmslow, changing at Crewe, onto 1A38 which was a double Voyager from Chester (12:55 from Crewe), and he had reservations in coach B. I just tried making a booking for myself on 1A38 tomorrow and found that coaches C & J were the ones I wasn't able to reserve seats in. I would suggest to Chucky to make a dummy booking for a train of interest and see what you can see for yourself, you don't need to get to the stage of paying for the ticket, simply ask for a reservation and then ask to change the seat reservation it gives you and it should be clear from there which coaches can't be reserved (I used the Avanti Web site for this).
View attachment 132836
So my friend Bob’s experience plus my messing around implies coaches C and J, the middle coaches in each unit, do not have reservations.
Thanks for your reply. I've tried the dummy booking and found C&J to be the same for my train. Appreciated.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top