• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

University [UNI] - Leuchars [LEU] Off Peak Return routeing and validity query

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toad

Member
Joined
3 Mar 2011
Messages
93
Location
West Midlands
Hi

I am travelling from University to Leuchars this Friday.

Looking at the Off Peak Ticket of £114

Couple of questions I hope you can assist with ??

1) What time on Friday would I be valid to travel ?

2) Can I travel West or East Coast ?

3) What restrictions are there from Saturday to Thursday ?

4) Do Virgin and East Coast have different retricted times to travel ?

Any help welcome on this so I don't set off with this ticket and end up being 'chinged into the ground' with some excess fare !!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SickyNicky

Verified Rep - FastJP
Joined
8 Sep 2010
Messages
2,842
Location
Ledbury
1) What time on Friday would I be valid to travel ?

The off-peak return ticket, costing £114.20, has restriction 8X which allows you to go on any train after 5am in both directions.

2) Can I travel West or East Coast ?

Yes - you can choose either way. You could go one way and come back the other, if you like.

3) What restrictions are there from Saturday to Thursday ?

There are no restrictions on Saturday and Sunday. On Monday to Friday, you can take any train on or after 5am.

4) Do Virgin and East Coast have different retricted times to travel ?

No, not on this ticket.
 

Intermodal

Established Member
Joined
3 Nov 2010
Messages
1,306
Location
I wonder how long I can make my location on this f
This is a very long distance ticket that may well be made cheaper by splitting it at various places along the way as long as you're prepared to be restricted a bit on routes you take. Do you hold a railcard and do you really need the real flexibility of this long distance ticket?
 

island

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2010
Messages
17,913
Location
0036
If you are going to St Andrews University you can get a bus add on up here valid for a return journey - not sure about down there.

Not available for this particular journey. Not sure where the border is between available and not, although it seems only journeys priced by First ScotRail or East Coast offer it (for example, you can get a ticket from Penzance to St Andrews Bus, but not from Carlisle).

As noted above, a split may be available for the journey.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top