Overall how many units will be freed up by new orders and which have likely destinations?
While I can understand why you ask the second half of your question, I cant understand why you ask the first half.
We already know the answer to the first part, I have posted the links to the answers repeatedly on this Forum, mostly in response to you.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
I wonder what would happen if there was no masterplan determined by the Department for Transport, and it was all down to the operators to decide what stock they wanted, and there was a free for all for others to bid for existing stock once it was returned to the leasing company. Would chaos ensue?
That is the best post so far in this thread.
There is no masterplan.
Each TOC have given current estimates as to how many DMUs and EMUs will be freed by current projects, but no-one has any plans as to what will happen to them (TPE exceptedish).
In the last few years the DfT would have decided what happend to the rolling stock, that but a recent query into how the DfT will be splitting the 319 fleet between Great Western and Northern was met with 'thats a decision for the winners of the relevant franchises'.
In other words, if you bid for this franchises, you sort it out, we have decided its not our (the DfTs) problem anymore.