miklcct
Established Member
News from Hong Kong: https://www.dimsumdaily.hk/mtr-train-door-falls-off-at-causeway-station-service-affected/
A rare accident happened in Hong Kong that a train door fell off when the train was running in peak hours. Fortunately no injuries resulted from this. The cause is still under investigation.
This is a safety critical accident as I can imagine if the same thing happens on a viaduct, dozens of passengers can fall out of a packed carriage onto the ground (on some other 1500 V DC lines there are no escape paths along the track where evacuation is done on track).
I haven't found any similar accidents in the past yet. Is this the first one?
(Hong Kong) A train at Causeway Bay Station on the MTR Island Line broke down at 6 o’clock in the evening today (2nd), and a train door fell off. The MTR confirmed the incident and stated that it has not received any reports of passenger injuries.
A rare accident happened in Hong Kong that a train door fell off when the train was running in peak hours. Fortunately no injuries resulted from this. The cause is still under investigation.
This is a safety critical accident as I can imagine if the same thing happens on a viaduct, dozens of passengers can fall out of a packed carriage onto the ground (on some other 1500 V DC lines there are no escape paths along the track where evacuation is done on track).
I haven't found any similar accidents in the past yet. Is this the first one?
