• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Undergraduate research about public transport

Status
Not open for further replies.

abirm873

Member
Joined
22 Jan 2014
Messages
9
Hi everyone

I am currently a third year undergraduate student undertaking a piece of research for my dissertation.

It is about public transport motivations and why people choose to travel by car instead of public transport and vice versa.

I would be really grateful if some of you could help me and fill in my questionnaire, it only takes 3/4 minutes to complete.

The only condition is that you must have visited Wales before. Either as your most recent trip or at any point before for either a holiday or a day trip.

All data collected will be used by me and only me and you are not obliged to answer the postcode question if you don't want to.

For every complete questionnaire I shall make a small donation to the Railway Children charity as a thank you for everyone that helps me out.

The link is here: http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s.asp?sid=33v96iz9itd9yau604085

Thank you to everyone in advance!

Update 4/2/15 @18:47. Edited to mention that I sought and was granted permission to post the survey from the moderators.
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

telstarbox

Established Member
Joined
23 Jul 2010
Messages
6,386
Location
Wennington Crossovers
Couple of suggestions:
Make the North/Mid/Wales descriptions more specific
For household income, make the bands wider - the median household income is more than £30k.
 

pdeaves

Established Member
Joined
14 Sep 2014
Messages
5,932
Location
Gateway to the South West
Another observation: the survey presupposes I have a car that I chose not to use; the question ordering the statements did not allow me to remove totally irrelevant ones.
 

higthomas

Established Member
Joined
27 Nov 2012
Messages
1,227
I agree, when answering having gone by car, only money, luggage and convenience matter, it would be good to be able to remove superfluous options.
 

DaveNewcastle

Established Member
Joined
21 Dec 2007
Messages
7,387
Location
Newcastle (unless I'm out)
Many journeys (many of mine) involve more than one mode, e.g. car and train, bike and train, train and bus, train and plane and taxi, train and taxi. The questionnaire required selecting only one mode, and omits bike, plane and taxi.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top