Reini
Member
Hi again to the last part of my UK trip, now I headed down to south eastern europe, where I spent another week.
The Caledonian sleepers were two hours late due to a power failure in Preston. Finally I arrived in Inverness at 10:30:
This unit will take me to Aberdeen:
In Aberdeen I canged for Dundee, where I’ve gone for a walk to find this spot of the Tay Bridge:
Another Aberdeen bound HST is crossing the bridge:
After I spent a night in Glasgow I went down to Harwich International via Preston, Leeds, Chesterfield and Norwich.
A DRS Class 66 in Preston:
Once again some photos from Leeds:
In Chesterfield, I got some HST in the MML livery:
Norwich:
My train is arriving in Norwich:
And departing from Manningtree:
The last shots of the UK of this year were taken in Harwich International:
„Thank you for using Harwich International Port“
Now it was time to board the ferry from Harwich to Hoek van Holland. I slept very well in this cabin:
On the next morning, another ship followed us:
NS Sprinter is awaiting the departure from Hoek van Holland Haven, it will bring me to Rotterdam Centraal:
The „Stena Hollandica“ in full length:
In Rotterdam I had to change for Amsterdam, where I planned to spend some hours:
Amsterdam is a lovely city, but crowded with tourists:
The Hard Rock Café:
Amsterdam Centraal station:
I took the 14:34 ICE service to Köln, where I had to change for Munich. Finally I arrived in Munich where I one hour time until my sleeper to Zagreb will leave.
The Austrian 1116 041 arrived with an EC train from Vienna. It is one of the locos who got a spezial livery for the European Championship:
Some time later, Arriva 183 002 arrived:
From Zagreb I went to Sarajevo where I met a friend who plannend the second part of my trip containig all states of former Jugoslawia.
The Caledonian sleepers were two hours late due to a power failure in Preston. Finally I arrived in Inverness at 10:30:
This unit will take me to Aberdeen:
In Aberdeen I canged for Dundee, where I’ve gone for a walk to find this spot of the Tay Bridge:
Another Aberdeen bound HST is crossing the bridge:
After I spent a night in Glasgow I went down to Harwich International via Preston, Leeds, Chesterfield and Norwich.
A DRS Class 66 in Preston:
Once again some photos from Leeds:
In Chesterfield, I got some HST in the MML livery:
Norwich:
My train is arriving in Norwich:
And departing from Manningtree:
The last shots of the UK of this year were taken in Harwich International:
„Thank you for using Harwich International Port“
Now it was time to board the ferry from Harwich to Hoek van Holland. I slept very well in this cabin:
On the next morning, another ship followed us:
NS Sprinter is awaiting the departure from Hoek van Holland Haven, it will bring me to Rotterdam Centraal:
The „Stena Hollandica“ in full length:
In Rotterdam I had to change for Amsterdam, where I planned to spend some hours:
Amsterdam is a lovely city, but crowded with tourists:
The Hard Rock Café:
Amsterdam Centraal station:
I took the 14:34 ICE service to Köln, where I had to change for Munich. Finally I arrived in Munich where I one hour time until my sleeper to Zagreb will leave.
The Austrian 1116 041 arrived with an EC train from Vienna. It is one of the locos who got a spezial livery for the European Championship:
Some time later, Arriva 183 002 arrived:
From Zagreb I went to Sarajevo where I met a friend who plannend the second part of my trip containig all states of former Jugoslawia.
