• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

UK trip part 4 - The Settle & Carlisle line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reini

Member
Joined
19 Mar 2007
Messages
105
Location
Austria/Vienna
Hi again!

On wednesday I went to Leeds station a bit earlier than necessary to take some photos:

IMG_5490.jpg


IMG_5491.jpg


IMG_5502.jpg


I even got a HST power car in the new East Midland livery:

IMG_5520.jpg


IMG_5527.jpg


IMG_5531.jpg


Now I went to the S&C line, first I stopped in Ribblehead:

IMG_5538.jpg


IMG_5543.jpg


Unfortunately the sun is gone again:

IMG_5560.jpg


The first freight train of the day, a southbound EWS coal:

IMG_5567.jpg


Now I went to Dent:

IMG_5582.jpg


There is a nice view from the bridge next to the station:

IMG_5593-1.jpg


IMG_5601-1.jpg


IMG_5611.jpg


The first Freightline of the day:

IMG_5616.jpg


Now I went to Garsdale:

IMG_5625.jpg


IMG_5651.jpg


IMG_5659.jpg


IMG_5678.jpg


IMG_5688.jpg


In the evening I went to Preston via Carlisle, but as there has been some time left I went back to Hellifield:

IMG_5695.jpg


It's now the third time that I missed a "lineside" shot of a Class 37 (I stood on the other end of the platform 2 minutes earlier <(). Unfortunately I didn't get any numbers of the loco, but I think that 37248 was on the rear:

IMG_5711.jpg


Now I had to spent one hour in Carlisle:

IMG_5715.jpg


IMG_5719.jpg


IMG_5734.jpg


IMG_5741.jpg


The sun is back again:

IMG_5742.jpg


IMG_5750.jpg


I left my photo spot again too early: <(

IMG_5758-1.jpg


IMG_5762.jpg


And some seconds later, 86632 and 86604 are hauling a soutbound intermodal train:

IMG_5765-1.jpg


This will be the last shot of the day, my Voyager to Preston will arrive soon:

IMG_5768-1.jpg


I reserverd a seat on the sleeper from Preston to Inverness, but I had some good luck and they booked to persons on my seat, so I got a free berth that night :D (even a single cabin!)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

37412

Established Member
Joined
5 Dec 2007
Messages
1,253
It's now the third time that I missed a "lineside" shot of a Class 37 (I stood on the other end of the platform 2 minutes earlier <(). Unfortunately I didn't get any numbers of the loco, but I think that 37248 was on the rear:

IMG_5711.jpg

37712 leading, 37248 on the back.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top