• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Uber ticketing

Pieman007

Member
Joined
2 Aug 2023
Messages
82
Location
Hampshire
Apologies - that was meant to be a Question ------ Can you still (recently) buy Train tickets on the uber app with Gift cards.......(Uber Money) - seems there is mixed messages so not sure if the poilicy has changed
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Fawkes Cat

Established Member
Joined
8 May 2017
Messages
5,337
Apologies - that was meant to be a Question ------ Can you still (recently) buy Train tickets on the uber app with Gift cards.......(Uber Money) - seems there is mixed messages so not sure if the poilicy has changed
The gift cards I have bought with this offer have loaded to Uber Money in my 'wallet' in just the same way that previous ones have, and I've not yet had any problem spending from my 'wallet' on train fares, so I'm assuming that I will have no problem spending this tranche.
 

redreni

Established Member
Joined
24 Sep 2010
Messages
2,733
Location
Slade Green
Discounted Uber gift cards available through my employer's staff discount scheme now come with a prominent warning that they can't be used for train tickets.

I have about £20 remaining in Uber Money at the moment and if they stopped accepting it for train tickets it would be almost useless to me: I'd have to contrive to use it on something else. Still okay as of yesterday. I don't believe there has ever been a contractual right to use Uber Money for train tickets.
 

redreni

Established Member
Joined
24 Sep 2010
Messages
2,733
Location
Slade Green
I bought a train ticket yesterday using Uber money.

It's only the messaging that states, in terms, that you can't. I'm not aware of anybody actually being unable to.
 

higthomas

Established Member
Joined
27 Nov 2012
Messages
1,229
I've been using Uber, great savings. Tried to buy some e gift cards and failed!
Unfortunately, your recent order, which included one or more gift cards, has been cancelled. You will not be charged for any items in this order.

For risk prevention purposes, we set limits on the total value of gift cards that can be purchased in a 24-hour period. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. You may wish to try again with a lower amount or wait for the 24-hour period to pass before trying again.
 

Fawkes Cat

Established Member
Joined
8 May 2017
Messages
5,337
I've been using Uber, great savings. Tried to buy some e gift cards and failed!
At least you got a reply - I had to rely on my credit card showing cancelled purchases. I've lost track of precisely what I tried over the weekend, but having initially bought an online card, when I moved to physical cards that went through, so maybe a change of medium is enough to get past the problem.
 

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,156
Purchasing a large volume of gift cards could could see automated anti-fraud detection systems flag the transaction as suspicious which coule explain the cancellations.
 

Mark J

Member
Joined
12 May 2018
Messages
660
It appears that Sainsbury's 'Nectar Prices' 10% off gift cards is back on.


Sainsbury's appear to do their offers on Uber Gift Cards every six months. So another sale can be reasonably be expected in April next year.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Just bought two £50 physical gift cards from Amazon at 15% off face value
Was the 15% discount only limited to (up to) £50 gift vouchers?

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Discounted Uber gift cards available through my employer's staff discount scheme now come with a prominent warning that they can't be used for train tickets.

I have about £20 remaining in Uber Money at the moment and if they stopped accepting it for train tickets it would be almost useless to me: I'd have to contrive to use it on something else. Still okay as of yesterday. I don't believe there has ever been a contractual right to use Uber Money for train tickets.
What discount do you get through that scheme, out of interest.
 
Last edited:

Pieman007

Member
Joined
2 Aug 2023
Messages
82
Location
Hampshire
Can confirm Amazon was available on the £150 uber gift cards - I bought two x £150 for £127.50 each.......26 hours apart. The promo did finish at 2359 07/10/2026 (or perhaps a minute later!)

Perhaps another one Black Friday ish......
 

Mark J

Member
Joined
12 May 2018
Messages
660
Discounted Uber gift cards available through my employer's staff discount scheme now come with a prominent warning that they can't be used for train tickets.

I have about £20 remaining in Uber Money at the moment and if they stopped accepting it for train tickets it would be almost useless to me: I'd have to contrive to use it on something else. Still okay as of yesterday. I don't believe there has ever been a contractual right to use Uber Money for train tickets.
We are not back to this nonsense, yet again.

Has anyone experienced any issues trying to purchase train tickets?
 

class 455 boy

Member
Joined
29 Sep 2009
Messages
24
Has anyone
as in the screenshot, for me it is immediately under “Book a Train or Coach” once you are in the Trains and Coaches booking screen. Maybe it’s not rolled out to everyone yet?
Has anyone else got this option on their app yet? It's still not appearing for me.
 

Top