For videos, you can upload to a video sharing site (e.g. Youtube etc); and then link to the video from the forum.I have a video but unfortunately it’s too large to attach
For videos, you can upload to a video sharing site (e.g. Youtube etc); and then link to the video from the forum.I have a video but unfortunately it’s too large to attach
Well, in the 555s cab, the driver is able to press a button what allows then to open all the doors in the train. All the 555s have it.On 555043 tonight and I never realised that the new units are able to have fully automatic door operation
Has any other 555 been using it as it’s the first time I’ve ever seen it on these units
I have a video but unfortunately it’s too large to attach
I believe it's always been there, but was isolated for a while after an incident where doors activated like this opened on the wrong side of the train.Has anyone else noticed you can hold down the door open button as the train comes to a stop to have the doors open when the driver releases them like the old Metrocars did? It hadn't used to work but seems to have been enabled over the last few months.
I’m out visiting today and I can confirm this, some old trains are being usedView attachment 207480
Not sure what this issue is about but seems some of the 555s have been withdrawn.
Image shows a screenshot from the Pop App explaining reduced service due to an issue being identified on the Class 555 trains for Tyne & Wear Metro.
The only old trains that are running today are 4041 and 4050 on T108. There’s lots of gaps in service as Stadler are inspecting some of the Class 555s. I’m not sure what the problem is with them and whether some of them will re-enter service later today.I’m out visiting today and I can confirm this, some old trains are being used
Yes the announcements have been keeping passengers informed, I’ve generally seen decent headways apart from a gap of about 20 minutes at one pointThe only old trains that are running today are 4041 and 4050 on T108. There’s lots of gaps in service as Stadler are inspecting some of the Class 555s. I’m not sure what the problem is with them and whether some of them will re-enter service later today.
Suspension issue: https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/latest-problem-new-tyne-wear-34273796So, any word on what the issue with the 555s is?
A problem has emerged with the suspension on some of the Tyne and Wear Metro’s new trains. Nine of the Class 555 models had to be taken out of service on Friday morning, causing delays for commuters stretching to more than half an hour in some cases.
Has anyone else noticed you can hold down the door open button as the train comes to a stop to have the doors open when the driver releases them like the old Metrocars did? It hadn't used to work but seems to have been enabled over the last few months.
For how long555025 has entered service today on 104
555018.What's on T133 today (25/07/26)? Forgot to note the number down as I got on!
Just 022, 023, 026 and 046 I believe. 024 entered service this week for the first timeHow many more 555's are left to enter service now?, must only be a handful
Correct; 555023 currently stored in NLC in south shieldsJust 022, 023, 026 and 046 I believe. 024 entered service this week for the first time
NLC?Correct; 555023 currently stored in NLC in south shields
Nexus Learning CentreNLC?
The Nexus Learning Centre. You can read more about it here.NLC?
Beat me to it - had it from Central to West Jesmond yesterday.Dont know if been mentioned yet but 555023 entered service yesterday on T105. After returning from the NLC on T184 on Friday morning.
Does this mean that two units are to be retained for non- passenger duties?Beat me to it - had it from Central to West Jesmond yesterday.
I then took the Metro ro Regent Centre. There was what looked like a Hunset / Drewry shunter on the headshunt of the depot towards Regent Road, carrying a 97xxx number - any ideas of its identity, please.
And finally, I sat at West Jesmond for a while, and was delighted to see Metro cars 4024 and 4029 come through at speed in both directions, hauling what looked like a leaf--busting train - complete with tones approaching the station. A great sight and sound.
Four actually - 4024, 4029, 4041 and 4081.Does this mean that two units are to be retained for non- passenger duties?
Yeah, the RHTT. However, it’s just a refresher run for now (driver competency) - the actual RHTT doesn’t start until mid-September. The refresher runs are running Monday - Friday this week, but nobody knows what timetable they’re running to (except Nexus staff).what looked like a leaf--busting train
97903? If so, that’s a Battery Locomotive (BL3). It’s not in operational condition at all right now, but once it’s refurbished, it’ll be operating the RHTT (from 2028 onwards). The other BLs are BL1 (97901) and BL2 (97902). BL1 is in the best condition out of all the BLs, but is still restricted to depot shunting duties. They need 2 working BLs to use them to run the RHTT.Hunset / Drewry shunter on the headshunt of the depot towards Regent Road, carrying a 97xxx number - any ideas of its identity, please.
Thanks for the above - good to know.Four actually - 4024, 4029, 4041 and 4081.
But yes, they’re being retained to operate this year’s Rail Head Treatment Train (RHTT). They’re then slated to go for scrap around December. Nexus plan to hire in locomotives from elsewhere to operate next year’s RHTT while BL1-BL3 (Battery Locomotives) are being refurbished, and the intention is the BLs will run the 2028 RHTT.
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
Yeah, the RHTT. However, it’s just a refresher run for now (driver competency) - the actual RHTT doesn’t start until mid-September. The refresher runs are running Monday - Friday this week, but nobody knows what timetable they’re running to (except Nexus staff).
== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==
97903? If so, that’s a Battery Locomotive (BL3). It’s not in operational condition at all right now, but once it’s refurbished, it’ll be operating the RHTT (from 2028 onwards). The other BLs are BL1 (97901) and BL2 (97902). BL1 is in the best condition out of all the BLs, but is still restricted to depot shunting duties. They need 2 working BLs to use them to run the RHTT.
BL1-BL3 were made by Hunslet. You can read more about them here.
The picture below isn’t mine, but is used with permission. The copyright remains with the creator.
And 555026? Or has that also entered service now - when was its first day?555046 entered today on T112.
Only 1 left what is 555022.