Chrisorganist26
New Member
Hi All,
I was up in Newcastle last weekend and so took the opportunity to ride on as much of the metro as I could.
I was wondering why overhead cable was orignally chosen to supply the power rather than a 3rd rail system given that none of the system runs on street. The system leans more towards the London underground (especially in the city) than a light rail sytem. Surely 3rd rail would have been a cheaper option.
Anyone know the reasons behind this?
Every blessing,
Chris.
I was up in Newcastle last weekend and so took the opportunity to ride on as much of the metro as I could.
I was wondering why overhead cable was orignally chosen to supply the power rather than a 3rd rail system given that none of the system runs on street. The system leans more towards the London underground (especially in the city) than a light rail sytem. Surely 3rd rail would have been a cheaper option.
Anyone know the reasons behind this?
Every blessing,
Chris.