• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tyne and Wear Metro Photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamracene749

Member
Joined
11 Dec 2005
Messages
919
Location
East Durham
I took few seconds video of a random unit arriving into Haymarket a while back, after a rather good evening out, spur of the moment, on my android phone, casually stood like any other passenger. No flashes or obstruction were involved. Turns out metro security were on the train, we set off, the blokes lurked pathetically at the front of the unit and sent down an almost apologetic woman to 'deal' with me. 'You can't take pictures on the Metro'. 'Oh sorry, I just wanted to get a little video of these units that are soon to be withdrawn, for memories sake'. 'You cannot video on the Metro'. 'Well, there's a load of lasses on a hen night down there, recording one another?'. 'That's different'. 'How is it different?'. 'You videoed the train, it's a security risk'. 'I can get details of every dimension of this train online, along with all the stations and it's timetable?. As it happens, I'm just a sad spotter, how exactly am I a security risk compared to the TikTok ladies in the next carriage? Would it make you happy if I just delete the footage?'. 'Oh there's no need for that, just don't do it again'. 'Ok yeah, that's me told and my plans for world domination foiled then'. 'Yeah it's a daft rule really, but the lads noticed you holding up your phone'. Utterly pointless.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

AlterEgo

Verified Rep - Wingin' It! Paul Lucas
Joined
30 Dec 2008
Messages
29,657
Location
LBK
I took few seconds video of a random unit arriving into Haymarket a while back, after a rather good evening out, spur of the moment, on my android phone, casually stood like any other passenger. No flashes or obstruction were involved. Turns out metro security were on the train, we set off, the blokes lurked pathetically at the front of the unit and sent down an almost apologetic woman to 'deal' with me. 'You can't take pictures on the Metro'. 'Oh sorry, I just wanted to get a little video of these units that are soon to be withdrawn, for memories sake'. 'You cannot video on the Metro'. 'Well, there's a load of lasses on a hen night down there, recording one another?'. 'That's different'. 'How is it different?'. 'You videoed the train, it's a security risk'. 'I can get details of every dimension of this train online, along with all the stations and it's timetable?. As it happens, I'm just a sad spotter, how exactly am I a security risk compared to the TikTok ladies in the next carriage? Would it make you happy if I just delete the footage?'. 'Oh there's no need for that, just don't do it again'. 'Ok yeah, that's me told and my plans for world domination foiled then'. 'Yeah it's a daft rule really, but the lads noticed you holding up your phone'. Utterly pointless.
Well done for politely pushing back. It is a ridiculous policy.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top