• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Two previous FCC Emails have me a little worried :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepperami

Member
Joined
6 Dec 2013
Messages
248
Location
West Sussex
Hey guys :)

Well, having passed everything including the interview, I was hoping to get the placement at Kings Cross, but unfortunately for me I did not get it, although perfectly understandable as I live a fair way from the depot I did say I would be happy to relocate but I am pretty sure they really want local people ideally

I was not selected but I was told that I had a place with the company and that it would be a little bit of a wait whilst the merger went ahead and that as soon as things had started to move along, someone would be in contact

I passed the final interview stage in June of this year, and received an email a couple of days later....




"Thank you for attending the recent assessments and interview.

We now have the results of your assessment / interview and I have pleasure in advising that you have been successful throughout all three stages of the Trainee Train Driver process. However, unfortunately we have filled our open positions and would like to place your application on hold.

We appreciate that you may be disappointed by this news and would like to assure you that your application will be kept on file for a future intake. Please note that your test results are valid for 3 years and you will not be required to retake any of the assessments/interview for the future positions.

I would like to thank you for your time and effort for attending the assessments and interview with us

Again, please be assured that we will contact you with a conditional offer of employment as soon as we have a confirmed date for additional intakes.
Kind regards,
FirstGroup Resourcing"




Ive kept in contact with FCC since, I ring them about once in every 6 or so weeks as I do not want to disturb them continually, but as yet, nothing in the pipeline

I got an email at the end of Oct saying

"We wanted to give you an update after the change of ownership of the Capital Connect franchise.

Unfortunately, we are unable to progress any applications for this franchise, you will therefore receive a further email to confirm your applications withdrawal from our recruitment process. However, we would be delighted to offer you the opportunity to apply for other vacancies within First Group
."

So I was slightly confused as I thought I had a conditional offer of employment once there was a training space available

A similar email yesterday reiterates that the original application for Kings Cross has now been filled, and I am advised to look at other vacancies


Its a little worrying to be honest, I don't want to ring them up as said I don't want to bother them I am sure they have far more important things to do but I also don't want to be waiting for something that might not materialise

Have I actually got a position with the new franchise or not?

Any suggestions?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SPADTrap

Established Member
Joined
15 Oct 2012
Messages
2,355
Looks as if trainee driver vacancies went up yesterday for all depots both GN/TL although not sure if just internal as I haven't looked and I loose access in a few days as I am leaving. So I wouldn't worry just yet. It may be the case that you need to reapply under GTR via their system?
 

Pepperami

Member
Joined
6 Dec 2013
Messages
248
Location
West Sussex
GTR Haven't got a Vacancies system on the new site yet I think it said it was on its way

Might give them a ring Monday see where I am at :)
 

donttrainme

New Member
Joined
8 Nov 2014
Messages
1
I got the same emails.

In fact I've had 2 of the second one. It's nothing to worry about. I emailed our Govia recruitment contact to ensure I am still in their talent pool awaiting a vacancy, which they confirmed as correct.

Basically, First Group don't want to lose their investments, i.e. us.

They paid for our assessments so would like to retain us, hence the emails which are trying to get us to apply for other roles. Once on board, if any trainee driver roles then came up, they'd have us waiting in the wings. Not having to pay for more assessments I guess.

But obviously they have nothing to do with the franchise we're involved with now, so no need to worry.
 

cfc2013

Member
Joined
17 Sep 2013
Messages
31
I got the same email mate rang them straight away and she said pls ignore the email and I'm still in the pool for Brighton under gtr so I wouldnt worry mate give em a call if will put ur mind at ease tho and fingers crossed something soon
 

jamess115

Member
Joined
8 Nov 2013
Messages
103
To reinforce what others have said, I got a similar email just a couple of days ago (one day after my medical) to say the vacancy has been cancelled or filled.

The company then reassured me that it was an error and to ignore this. :smile:
 

WCMLaddict

Member
Joined
20 Mar 2012
Messages
417
Just a word of warning.

Under no circumstances you should treat being in a talent pool as anything near "conditional offer of employment" or as having secured a position once new training plans are agreed.

Different companies have different policies as to how they pull people out of the pool and when they need to 'top up' the pool. Some would use the date of passing assessment as main criteria (waiting list) some would take manager interview score to determine who is offered training course spot first (in that situation people with lowest scores will never be offered places).

You can always ask your HR contact what their policy is but I don't think they will be keen to talk about it in detail.

Good luck guys
 

Pepperami

Member
Joined
6 Dec 2013
Messages
248
Location
West Sussex
Hiya WCMLaddict :)

Well I did wonder about that very point you made, which is why I asked... As I said I did get the offer in an email

"Again, please be assured that we will contact you with a conditional offer of employment as soon as we have a confirmed date for additional intakes.
Kind regards,
FirstGroup Resourcing"

So it made me wonder obviously if I was actually still going to be offered what they had said in there email
 

WCMLaddict

Member
Joined
20 Mar 2012
Messages
417
The email you quoted states that you will be sent a conditional offer of employment. Not that it constitutes one.

It would be a document that will give you a start date, place and main conditions of employment plus a list of conditions for YOU to adhere to, like references, work permit, medical etc.

You would have to sign a copy and send it to the company concerned or do it at first convenient opportunity.

You should be optimistic IMO but the ball is still rolling until you have the piece of paper in front of you.
 

SPADTrap

Established Member
Joined
15 Oct 2012
Messages
2,355
GTR Haven't got a Vacancies system on the new site yet I think it said it was on its way

Might give them a ring Monday see where I am at :)

Ahh I see! Well I'm sure you'll still be in with a shout, do you have the email address? I have a week left at GTR so can help out if I can before I leave! I had a similar experience with GA, went from no recruitment on the horizon one week to having a start date the next!

Good luck with it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top