• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Two more TOCs have adopted the ATOS Origin journey planner...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edvid

Established Member
Joined
7 Feb 2008
Messages
2,544
...and they are National Express East Anglia and London Midland.

In the case of NXEA, they're really only tagging on to NXEC's version of the JP, and LM have their own but for now the link is only shown in emails sent to subscribers. I found out about the latter on uk.railway.

Also, I was very surprised to see Virgin Trains offering cheaper walk-up fares between London Euston and Milton Keynes Central albeit for their services only. Hell, their VT-only CDR is even cheaper than the LM-only equivalent...
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Pumbaa

Established Member
Joined
19 Feb 2008
Messages
5,022
The new LM engine looks great - it's quickly become my favourite! Nicer colour scheme than both Southern and Southeastern, and it means I don't give the commision to NX!
 

OwlMan

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2008
Messages
3,206
Why are tthe TOCs switching from The Train Line to ATOS Origin?
I assume that the cost less or is there another reason?
 

Edvid

Established Member
Joined
7 Feb 2008
Messages
2,544
Since the new variant of JP was introduced I've purchased tickets from GNER/NXEC, Southern and now LM. In my opinion the LM and Southeastern colours are the most aesthetically pleasing but the latter charges £1 for ToD (pre-paid ticket collection) hence why I've never purchased anything through their JP.

By the way, how did you get that particular link?
 

googolplex

Member
Joined
28 Mar 2009
Messages
220
I went through and planned a journey, which causes the URL to change to MixingDeck.aspx with a load of parameters after that, so I just removed the parameters after the URL with the intention of resetting my search.
I assume it is something the developers hadn't thought of, and so didn't pick up on in testing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top