• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Twickenham to London Victoria

Status
Not open for further replies.

racklam

Member
Joined
27 Apr 2014
Messages
116
Location
Yorkshire
Will be making the trip from Twickenham to Victoria for a meeting this week.

How busy are the Clapham Junction to Victoria trains at around 8:45 am? Will I be waiting for a few services to stop before I can get on one?

Would it be easier going to Vauxhall and getting the tube?

Thanks in advance.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

racklam

Member
Joined
27 Apr 2014
Messages
116
Location
Yorkshire
Thanks - I was mostly asking about loadings on Clapham Junction-Victoria trains at 8:45am though.
 

Phil.

Established Member
Joined
10 Oct 2015
Messages
1,323
Location
Penzance
Busy but you're more likely to get a place on a service from P13 rather than P15.
 

Stats

Member
Joined
27 Sep 2009
Messages
943
The 0848 may be very busy, but plenty of room on the 0851 from P12
 

tsr

Established Member
Joined
15 Nov 2011
Messages
7,400
Location
Between the parallel lines
Thanks - I was mostly asking about loadings on Clapham Junction-Victoria trains at 8:45am though.

You may as well go near the back - or a little further to the middle and wait for folks to get off by the footbridge, then hop on. You should find room but I wouldn't bother trying at the front.

I usually find the Waterloo routes worse at that time of day for overall overcrowding, especially via Wimbledon (though I should rather hope that won't affect you).
 

Hophead

Established Member
Joined
5 Apr 2013
Messages
1,399
In my experience, considerably more people alight from London-bound Southern trains at Clapham Junction in the morning than board, so I wouldn't expect you to have any problems at all once you get there. For interchanging, I would advise against using the subway, though, as that can get rather manic - the footbridge has more room to move.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top