• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

TVM Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

GEM08

Member
Joined
27 Mar 2019
Messages
7
Hi,

Do the TOC’s pull ticket purchase report data from the TVM’s such as stations bought to and from. For example Could I ask as part of a dispute a TOC to pull data on specific dates for ticket proof purchase by either giving them the card details and I guess what about if it was cash?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

JN114

Established Member
Joined
28 Jun 2005
Messages
3,530
Hi,

Do the TOC’s pull ticket purchase report data from the TVM’s such as stations bought to and from. For example Could I ask as part of a dispute a TOC to pull data on specific dates for ticket proof purchase by either giving them the card details and I guess what about if it was cash?

The data isn’t identifiable to/as you; so probably not.
 

Stigy

Established Member
Joined
6 Nov 2009
Messages
4,969
Hi,

Do the TOC’s pull ticket purchase report data from the TVM’s such as stations bought to and from. For example Could I ask as part of a dispute a TOC to pull data on specific dates for ticket proof purchase by either giving them the card details and I guess what about if it was cash?
They can use this data as their evidence (I’ve used it countless times), however it will only be specific to what tickets were purchased, at what time and from which TVM. It’s pointless obtaining such reports from large stations with high footfall and numerous TVMs obviously, and would only really be beneficial from really small stations where the investigating officer wants to disprove what a suspect is saying (such as if suspect A said he or she bought a ticket to XYZ location, at a rough time, staff could pull the report quite easily for a certain time frame).

All this only aids the investigation to be honest, and there’s no definitive evidence to ID individuals.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top