• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Tutbury & Hatton to Manchester (Day Return)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Altrincham

Member
Joined
22 Aug 2011
Messages
276
Hello,

This is my first time posting a fares question but I'd like a little bit of help regarding a trip I have to make this week.

On Thursday 3rd November I need a day return from Tutbury & Hatton to Manchester (leaving Tutbury on the 0654 via Stoke and returning on the 1635 from Manchester Piccadilly). I'm doing the same journey on Friday the 4th too.

The cheapest I can find is the Anytime Day Return of £15.60. (I don't have a railcard).

The thing I'd like to know (and it's not something I seem to be able to find the answer to) is whether I can purchase this ticket on-board the train? I have a feeling there isn't a ticket machine at Tutbury.

I wouldn't want to chance it and find that I get charged a higher fare once on the train.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Best wishes,

Alty.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

district

Member
Joined
4 Aug 2011
Messages
1,116
Location
SE16
No ticket office at the station or TVM machines then you should be fine purchasing on board.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,463
Location
Yorkshire
I've been to Tutbury & Hatton [[stn]TUT[/stn]] about 3 times, and confirm there is no ticket machine at the station. The full range of tickets will be available on board, as appropriate:

Off Peak Day Return (CDR) £12.10 (Valid from 0900 M-F) - not valid for this particular journey
Off Peak Return (SVR) £16.50 (Valid from 0430 M-F)
Anytime Day Return (SDR) £15.60 (Valid any time)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top